I am a “breakfast person”. I NEED breakfast in the morning to survive even a few hours. Or I get grumpy. I never understood those that say they aren’t “breakfast people”. It’s the most important meal of the day people. It’s a fact. More often than not, I like eggs in the morning. They are filling, healthy & they start my day off on the right foot. Do I always have time to cook up some eggs in the morning? No. Actually, almost never. I’m also a “I hit the snooze button several times” person. That’s why preparation is key here folks. You just whip these up on a Sunday night, and you have your breakfast ready. You just pop it in the microwave to reheat it. Done-and-done.
- 6 Eggs
- ½ cup Milk
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 Breakfast Sausage Links, cooked & chopped
- 1 medium-sized Potato, cooked & chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a small, rimmed baking sheet with tin foil and place the ramekins on the sheet. Spray the ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl (preferably with a pouring spout), whisk together the eggs, milk, salt & pepper until combined.
- Evenly pour egg mixture among ramekins. Add in the shredded cheese, chopped sausage and potatoes, evenly among ramekins.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes, until the tops are set.
- Transfer entire pan to cooling rack for about 10 minutes to cool before eating. Make sure ramekins are cool enough to handle before touching. Alternatively, allow them to completely cool to room temperature before storing in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
* Cover ramekins with foil (or lids) once they are at room temperature & store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
* To reheat: microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until they are heated to your liking. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before digging in.