Snack Mix, or Muddy Buddies, or Puppy Chow… They’re all the same essentially, and also super, super addicting. You will not be able to stop eating it. I rarely make it because of this fact. My sister and I always used to get down on this growing up. It would last about a second then too.
I subbed the traditionally used Chex cereal for peanut butter-stuffed pretzels, to make it a Buckeye Snack Mix. What’s wrong with me?! Peanut butter and chocolate on the outside, and then more peanut butter on the inside, plus the pretzels give you that salty and sweet combo. It tastes incredible, it’s super quick to make and you don’t even have to turn on the oven!
- 1 - 16 ounce bag of Peanut Butter Stuffed Pretzels (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for one minute on high. Stir the mixture up and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir mixture until smooth (microwave an additional 30 seconds if needed). Once mixture is all melted and a smooth consistency, stir in the vanilla until combined.
- Fold in about half of the pretzels using a rubber spatula, making sure to scrap the bottoms and the sides as you go. Once they are coated, fold in the rest of the pretzels until evenly coated.
- Pour about half of the powdered sugar into a large zip lock bag (I used a 2 gallon bag). Next add in the pretzels, and then the rest of the sugar. Seal up the bag and shake until everything is well coated in the sugar. Try to break up any clumps and shake them again to finish coating.
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Spread pretzels out onto lined cookie sheet and allow to cool to room temperature.