These are technically ‘Chocolate Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats with Mint M&M’s and White Chocolate Drizzle’, but I didn’t want to get carried away with the name. It might take away from how crazy delicious these are. Also, you could make a hundred different variations of these. Any cereal, any candy, and any drizzle. The marshmallows are the glue that hold this masterpiece together though, so you probably don’t want to sub those out (and why would you want to?).
These guys are another take on your classic Rice Krispies Treats, but with a few additions for St. Patty’s Day. But the part that really elevates these is the extra marshmallows. They are the perfect treat for any holiday, or just anytime, period. They’re easy, they’re festive, and no baking is involved. And who doesn’t love Lucky Charms… in chocolate?!
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter
- 5 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 6 cups Chocolate Lucky Charms Cereal
- 8 oz bag of Mint M&M's
- 1 cup melting White Chocolate
- Prepare a 9" x 13" dish by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt butter over low-medium heat. Once butter is melted, stir in marshmallows. Continue stirring until marshmallows are also melted and combined with butter.
- Remove mixture from heat and fold in cereal. Try to get all the cereal coated. Continue to fold mixture until everything is mixed and evenly distributed. Next fold in the M&M's, trying not to crush them too much.
- Transfer cereal mixture to prepared dish. Using your hands or a sturdy spatula to gently press mixture in the pan. Try to make the top as even as possible. Allow to cool while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate, either in the top of a double boiler or in the microwave, until a smooth pour-able consistency. If you do this in the microwave, make sure and only heat for 30 seconds at a time (at 60% power) and stir between additional 30 second intervals.
- Once chocolate is all melted and smooth, drizzle over the cereal. Immediately following, top with sprinkles or topping of your choice.
- Cover dish and either let it sit at room temperature for several hours until cereal is set and chocolate is hardened. Once it's ready, cut into squares.
* Store in an air-tight container at room temperature, for up to 5 days.
* For tips on melting chocolate, see this article.