This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ve ever tried. There are no unusual ingredients, no chilling time, and so on. Simply a simple, straightforward, incredibly delicious, doughy yet fully cooked chocolate chip cookie that turns out perfectly every time!
- 1 cup salted softened butter
- 1 cup white (granulated) sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or chunks, or chopped chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Set aside a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Place aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until smooth.
- Using an electric mixer, beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Mix in a 12 oz package of chocolate chips.
- Roll 2-3 TBS of dough into balls at a time (depending on how big you like your cookies) and place them evenly spaced on your prepared cookie sheets. (Alternatively, make your cookies with a small cookie scoop.)
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes in a preheated oven. Remove them when they are just beginning to turn brown.
- Allow them to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
Do not overcook. When you take the cookies out of the oven, they will still appear doughy. This is the secret to making these cookies so amazing! Please, please, please do not overbake!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 183kcal
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 153mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
Keywords: Cookies, chocolate cookies, chocolate chip cookies, easy cookie recipe