This Alaska roll sushi is a delectable appetizer or light supper option. Ingredients for Alaska roll sushi are readily available, and creating sushi at home is simpler than you might think!
- 1 cup small or medium grain white rice
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
Alaska Roll Sushi
- 1 sheet nori (seaweed paper)
- 6 oz 6 thin slices Sushi-Grade Salmon
- ¼ cup imitation crab meat or real Alaskan crab meat
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (optional)
- ½ tsp sriracha (optional)
- 2-3 slices cucumber (cut into matchsticks)
- 2-3 slices avocado
- pickled ginger (optional)
- wasabi (optional)
Optional Sauces and Toppings
- spicy sriracha mayo
- bang bang sauce
- eel sauce
- white or black sesame seeds
How to make sushi:
- To remove extra starch, rinse the rice in a fine mesh sieve (water should run clean). Excess water should be shook off.
- In an instant pot, combine rinsed rice and salt. Fill the container halfway with water. 1 teaspoon of salt
- Cook for 6 minutes on high pressure in an instant pot (with full natural release).
- Place the rice in a mixing bowl. Pour rice vinegar over the rice in an equal layer.
- Fold the rice gently to incorporate the rice vinegar, being careful not to shatter it.
Make spicy crab mix:
- Imitation crab meat or Alaskan crab meat should be shredded.
- Combine imitation crab meat or Alaskan crab meat, mayonnaise, and sriracha in a mixing bowl.
Rolling Alaskan Sushi Rolls
- Wrap plastic wrap around a bamboo sushi rolling mat.
- Place a nori sheet on the mat.
- To remove excess water, dip hands in water and clap. It’s a good idea to keep a small bowl of water and a towel nearby.
- Cover the nori with a layer of rice. For each complete nori sheet, use around 1 cup cooked rice.
- Cover the entire surface of the nori with rice (no gap). Distribute the salmon slices evenly over half of the plate.
- Turn the nori (rice/salmon side down, nori up) over.
Foodborne infection can be increased by eating raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs. Regarding food safety advice, consult the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or the appropriate regulatory agency.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: None
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 1399kcal
- Sodium: 2532mg
- Fat: 55g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 173mg
- Fiber: 22g
- Protein: 55g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
Keywords: sushi roll recipe, alaska sushi roll recipe, easy alaska sushi roll recipe, alaska roll recipe