Bisquick dumplings are a fast, 2 ingredient dish that is perfect for soup and stews
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- Optional: dried herbs like parsley or chives
- In a mixing bowl, mix Bisquick with milk. Gently combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until a dough-like consistency is achieved. Just until the ingredients blend together, do not over-stir.
- Drop dough onto stew or soup using a spoon or cookie scoop.
- Cook uncovered over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes more with the lid off.
- The most crucial piece of advice is to avoid overmixing the dough. Dumplings that are chewy or tough may result as a result of this. Just combine the ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Allow the dough to rest for 3-4 minutes before dropping it into the heated soup. The dough will rise if you sit for a while.
- Cook the dumplings without stirring them.
- If you want to make Bisquick dumplings without the milk, use almond milk, soy milk, or water instead.
- Use Gluten-Free Bisquick to create gluten-free dumplings.
- Seasonings can be added to the dumpling mixture to add a bit extra taste. Toss with salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley, and chives.
- Category: Main
- Method: Pan Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 282kcal
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 783mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
Keywords: bisquick dumplings, dumplings