Bulgogi Sauce has a sweet and savory flavor profile with hints of pear, ginger, and garlic. It is a common ingredient in Korean BBQ Beef. This simple recipe is made from scratch and adds wonderful flavors to grilled beef. It can also be used in marinades, dipping sauces, burgers, stir-fry chicken or pork, and dishes served with rice or noodles.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pear juice (or other fruit juice like apple juice)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 green onion chopped
- Soy sauce, brown sugar, pear juice, ginger, and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat
- Cook for a few minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved completely. Occasionally stir.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sesame oil, sesame seeds, and green onion.
- Allow the sauce to cool. It can be used as a dipping sauce or a marinade.
This recipe yields 1 12 pound of beef.
The homemade bulgogi sauce will keep in the refrigerator for about a week if stored in an airtight container.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: None
- Cuisine: Korean
- Serving Size: 8 tablespoons
- Calories: 27kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 406mg
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: Korean bulgogi sauce, bulgogi sauce recipe, BBQ beef sauce, sauce recipe