Corn Tortilla Quesadillas blend corn tortillas’ amazing texture with melted cheese and your favorite quesadilla ingredients! Serve with salsas, guacamole, or sour cream for a cheesy snack, appetizer, or quick supper the whole family will enjoy!
- 8 corn tortillas (yellow or white corn tortillas)
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese (12 ounces – or use your favorite cheeses)
- ½ tablespoon butter (for frying)
- Preheat a medium or large nonstick skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Place 1 tortilla in the skillet after melting the first cube of butter. Once the tortilla is hot, add 12 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese and fold it in half over the cheese. Using a second tortilla, repeat the process.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the tortilla has turned golden and the cheese has started to melt. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes on the other side, until browned and the cheese is completely melted. *At this point, the edges will begin to sear. It’s also worth noting that the tortillas don’t get very crispy.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on a platter. Rep with the rest of the quesadillas.
- Cut the quesadillas in half and serve with salsa of your choice.
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Method: Pan fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 337kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 339mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 17g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
Keywords: corn tortilla, quesadillas, appetizer, snack, tortilla