Creamy Coconut Shrimp is a 15-minute dinner that may be made in a Chinese buffet style! For a tangy mix, the soft shrimp is rapidly sautéed in coconut oil, then swirled into the sweet coconut sauce and garnished with fresh lime zest!!
- 2 lbs shrimp (medium or large – thawed, peeled and deveined)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon garlic (finely minced or crushed)
- 2 limes (zest and juice)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (finely minced or crushed)
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and simmer, tossing regularly, for 2-3 minutes, or until opaque and cooked through. Place the cooked shrimp on a serving platter and leave away.
- In a large skillet, combine the coconut milk, garlic, ginger, lime juice and zest, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Return the cooked shrimp to the thickened sauce and cook for another 2-3 minutes on low heat, or until the shrimp are heated through.
- When done, remove from heat and serve right away. Serve with lime wedges and/or toasted shredded coconut on top of rice or cauliflower rice, if desired.
- Category: Main
- Method: None
- Cuisine: American, Chineese
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 281kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 1909mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 47g
- Cholesterol: 1909mg
Keywords: shrimp, coconut shrimp