There are various factors that influence how frozen egg rolls cook. Because they differ in size, thickness, type of filling, thickness, and wrapper, you’ll need to alter your timing. Overcrowding the basket will result in uneven cooking. Only a single, even layer should be filled. If necessary, cook in batches.
To heat through the middle, we found it preferable to start cooking at a lower temperature. Then finish with a few minutes at higher heat to crisp the egg rolls’ outsides.
Every air fryer is different, and some cook at a considerably higher temperature than others. After you’ve cooked your first batch, you’ll have a better idea of what works best for your air fryer model and meal size. These were tested in air fryers with baskets.
- Spread out the frozen egg rolls in a single equal layer in the air fryer basket. There’s no need to use any oil spray.
- Air fry for 10 minutes at 340°F/170°C. Overturn the egg rolls.
- Raise the temperature to 400°F/205°C and continue to Air Fry for another 2-5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and crispy.
Notes and Tips for Air Frying:
- There is no need for oil. Cook frozen without thawing.
- As needed, shake or turn. Make sure the air fryer basket isn’t too full.
- The timing for this recipe is predicated on using an air fryer that hasn’t been preheated. If you cook numerous batches in a row, the subsequent batches may cook a little faster.
- The recipes were tested in batches ranging from 3.7 to 6 quarts. Air fryers are a type of air fryer. If you use a larger air fryer, they may cook faster, so adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Set a timer to shake, flip, or toss as indicated in the recipe.
You may need to lower the cooking time by a few minutes if your air fryer is warmed or if you are cooking many batches (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Asian
- Calories: 146kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 333mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: Egg rolls, Fry Egg rolls, Appetizer