These pancakes are both entertaining and delicious! They don’t use butter or oil in the batter, instead opting for creamy Greek yogurt to make some of the best pancakes you’ve ever had.
- 1½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup Milk (I used Almond Milk)
- ½ cup Honey or Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Butter or Vegetable Oil for cooking
- Berries & Maple Syrup for serving
- Gel Food Coloring (use more if using liquid)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk and yogurt until combined. Add the wet ingredients into the dry, mixing until just combined (do not over-mix, there might be lumps in the batter).
- Divide batter evenly among 5 small bowls. Add food coloring to batter as desired & mix lightly until even coloring (see notes).
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees to keep cooked pancakes warm. Then preheat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. Once heated (test by sprinkling a few drops of water onto the griddle – if they sizzle up, it’s heated). Coat the pan with about a teaspoon of either butter or oil.
- Drop circle portions of the batter (either 1 large from each color or 2 small) onto the hot griddle. Cook pancakes for a few minutes until bubbles form and start to pop on the surface, or until bottom is cooked and starting to turn golden. Flip the pancakes over & continue to cook the bottom for about another minute or so, or until cooked through and light golden brown. Repeat this process with the remaining batter. Place the cooked pancakes in the oven while you cook the rest. Top with fruit & serve with good-quality maple syrup.
Each bowl of batter yields one large or two small pancakes.
This recipe yields 5 large or 10 small pancakes.
Add about a tablespoon of sugar to the batter if you use plain Greek yogurt.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 5 servings
- Calories: 55kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 89mg
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
Keywords: breakfast, Greek Yogurt Pancakes, pancakes,