Learn how to cook Seared Scallops with a golden brown crust, just like the restaurants! They’re really easy to cook at home and far less expensive than eating out.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, blot the scallops dry with a paper towel. Season the sea scallops with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the pan is hot, add the oil, then the scallops, leaving enough space between them so they don’t steam each other. When you place the scallops in the pan, they should sizzle.
- Cook the scallops for 2 minutes, not moving or touching them at all.
- With a pair of tongs, flip the scallops over and melt the butter in the pan. Allow the scallops to cook for 1 minute more, basting with butter.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and serve immediately!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: None
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 servings
- Calories: 263kcal
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 317mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 19g
- Cholesterol: 127mg
Keywords: seared scallops recipe, seared scallops, easy seared scallops recipe, fancy dinner ideas, fancy dinner recipes