Gazpacho Recipe (Smooth or Chunky Chilled Tomato Soup). This recipe for Italian gazpacho, which can be smooth or chunky, is a chilled, no-cook tomato soup that is light and refreshing for the hot summer months. Everything I’ve learned about how to make the best authentic, fresh tomato gazpacho recipe while living in Spain, and it only takes 15 minutes!
- 2 pounds of ripe Roma tomatoes, cut in half and cored* 1 small (1/2 lb) cucumber, peeled and seeded* 1 medium green bell pepper, cored
- 1/2 small peeled red onion 2 small or 1 large peeled garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sherry vinegar, 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper that has just been cracked
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 thick piece of white bread, soaked and with the crusts cut off.
- Homemade croutons, chopped fresh herbs, a drizzle of olive oil, or any leftover chopped gazpacho ingredients can be used as garnishes.
- Purée. Use a blender or food processor to mix all of the ingredients together. Blend for 1 minute, or until the soup is the consistency you want.
- Season. Taste it and add more salt, pepper, or cumin if you think it needs it.
- Chill. Put in the fridge in an airtight container for 3–4 hours, or until it is completely cold.
- Serve. Serve cold, with the garnishes you like.
- To core the tomatoes, just scoop out the seeds and any tough white cores and throw them away.
- Cucumber: You can also just add half of an English cucumber, which doesn’t need to be seeded.
- Most of the time, we just use a baguette for bread. To soak your bread with water, I suggest running it under the sink for a few seconds. Then squeeze out the extra water and add the bread to the blender or food processor.
- How to store soup: You can put leftover soup in a food storage container and put it in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 177.63 kcal
- Sugar: 7.73g
- Sodium: 85.63mg
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.94g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12.13g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 2.56g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: soup, Italian Gazpacho