These Mini Cheese and Onion Pastries are a no-fuss appetizer or snack that require only four ingredients and 15 minutes to prepare. Sharp cheddar cheese and sliced green onion are arranged in the center of a flaky pastry bundle dusted with dill.
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 2 8-ounce cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cheese and onions.
- Divide the crescent roll dough into 16 triangles, then cut each triangle in half diagonally.
- Place a rounded teaspoon of the cheese and onion mixture in the center of each triangle and bring the dough corners to the center over the filling, overlapping the ends.
- Sprinkle dill over the top of each pastry and place on a silicone mat or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
I highly recommend using a Butter Puff Pastry because it is of higher quality and will give the pasties a better flavor and texture. Save your scraps of pastry and use them to top pies or tarts.
Prior to baking, we use an egg to egg wash the pasties. If you have an extra egg white or yolk, you can substitute it for a whole egg.
Allow the pasties to cool completely before freezing. Place in a sealed container with a layer of cling film or parchment to keep the layers separate.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: None
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 148kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 93mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
Keywords: mini cheese and onion pastries recipe, picnic food ideas, mini cheese and onion pastries, picnic food