Makes about 15 cookies, depending on size
- 2½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter (1½ sticks)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Whole Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Bean Paste (or seeds from 1 vanilla bean)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Pinch of coarse Sea Salt
- + Sprinkles
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and sea salt, then set it aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or by hand), beat the butter low for a few minutes until light & fluffy. Mix in the sugar, continue beating for 2 more minutes until well combined. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing for about 30 seconds after each addition (scraping the sides as needed). Add in the vanilla, mixing until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients (in 2 or 3 increments), carefully mix until just combined (*don’t over-mix). Let the dough chill for about 1-2 hours, covered in the refrigerator (chill up to two days, tightly covered).
- Once batter is chilled, preheat your waffle maker & follow the waffle maker instructions to cook, as each one is different (you might not need to chill the dough, I have not experimented with this yet). Set waffle iron to the “medium” setting.
- Using a medium-sized cookie scoop, place a heaping spoonful of batter onto the center of each waffle segment (I used about 2½ Tablespoons per cookie).
- Close the lid and bake the cookies for about 2 minutes (depending on size). You want to remove them when they are JUST cooked, no longer (it’s worth it to test just one at first). Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine milk & vanilla beans/paste until combined. Add powdered sugar & salt, a little at a time, until everything is well combined.
- Drizzle glaze over room temperature cookies and top with sprinkles while they’re still wet. Allow glaze to dry for several hours before stacking.
I only used half my usual sugar cookie recipe for these, so just double it if you’re feeling extra hungry or serving these to a larger crowd.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 15 servings
- Calories: 81kcal
- Sugar: 34g
- Sodium: 78mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 19g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
Keywords: cookie, Waffle cookie