Any fish lover will love seared tuna steaks in the air fryer; you can make them rare, medium-rare, medium, or even well-done by following the tips and recipe in this post.
FOR TUNA STEAKS
- 2 (4 – 6 oz.) raw ahi tuna steaks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- 2 Green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoon coconut amino or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon of water
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 370°F.
- Coat the ahi tuna steaks on all sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the tuna steaks in the air fryer basket and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until done to preference.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coconut amino, green onion, lime juice, water, and garlic; set aside.
- Remove the tuna steaks from the basket and thinly slice them before serving with the lime dipping sauce and a side of your choice.
The blog post above contains instructions for making frozen tuna steaks in the air fryer.
Using hot water or thawing ahi tuna on the counter can cause bacteria to grow on the fish’s surface.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 132kcal
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 457mg
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
Keywords: Air fryer tuna steak, air fryer ahi tuna, tuna steak air fryer recipe, tuna steak, air fryer fish