These royal icing-decorated Baby Yoda Cookies feature crisp edges and soft centers. These gorgeous sugar cookies are simple to create and look perfectly like the Mandalorian beast when finished thanks to a simple trick of using a Christmas angel cookie cutter. It’s all over social media, and Star Wars fans love it.
For the Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Royal Icing
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons meringue powder
- 4–5 tablespoons water room temperature
- food coloring (You’ll need green, brown. If you don’t have brown, you can mix red, yellow, and blue)
- black decorating gel (You can also use melted dark chocolate)
- Combine flour, corn starch, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a stand mixer or a hand mixer.
- Continue beating until the egg and vanilla essence are well incorporated. Scrape down the bowl’s sides.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix everything together until it’s completely smooth.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap after it has been flattened. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes to firm up the mixture. (Keep it in the fridge for up to one day.)
- Place the dough on a flour-dusted flat surface once it has chilled. With a rolling pin, roll it out to about 1/4 inch thick. To keep the dough from sticking, move it around.
It’s critical to use room temperature butter so that the sugar can be creamed correctly.
To avoid making them too black, slowly add the food coloring to the frosting. If you’re afraid, set aside a small quantity of white icing to add back in if required.
If your decoration isn’t smooth, you can smooth it out with your fingertips.
If you don’t have brown coloring, you can make the color with a mix of red, yellow, and blue.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 80kcal
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 31mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
Keywords: baby yoda cookie recipe, cookie recipe, dessert, baby yoda cookie, yoda cookies, best baby yoda cookies recipe