Ground beef is mixed with breadcrumbs and seasonings in this bacon wrapped meatloaf, which is then topped with bacon slices and baked until golden brown. A unique take on a classic recipe that will have your guests raving!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef 90% lean
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup ketchup divided use
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the onion is softened. Cook for 30 seconds more after adding the garlic.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the garlic and onion mixture, ground beef, salt, pepper, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, and breadcrumbs. To combine, stir everything together thoroughly.
- Form the beef mixture into a loaf on the sheet pan. 1/4 cup ketchup should be spread over the loaf.
- Wrap the bacon slices around the loaf, tucking the ends under. Brush the bacon with the remaining ketchup.
- Bake for one hour, or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the meat loaf reads 160°F.
- Allow the meatloaf to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley on top. Slice and serve.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 8 servings
- Calories: 423kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 861mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 34g
- Cholesterol: 151mg
Keywords: Bacon wrapped meatloaf recipe, bacon wrapped meatloft, bacon recipe, meatloft recipe