This easy baked BBQ chicken breast recipe brings the sweet, salty, smoky flavor of barbecue to your home any time of year! It’s a fantastic winter-time version of grilled chicken that everyone will enjoy as part of a delicious, flavorful meal!
- 24 oz chicken breasts (4 roughly 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional but highly recommended)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C) and lightly grease or coat your baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat them dry with paper towels. Trim any excess fat from the chicken pieces before placing them in the prepared baking dish.
- Combine the seasonings, including salt, paprika, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, in a small bowl. Season both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Stir together the BBQ sauce and optional liquid smoke, then brush it on each of the chicken breasts.
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 40-45 minutes, or until the internal temperature of your chicken breasts reaches 165°F (74°C), the minimum safe temperature for chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes before slicing or serving.
If the internal temperature of your chicken breasts reaches 162°F (72°C), it will rise 3-4 degrees during the resting period (carryover cooking).
Cooking times for smaller chicken breasts (4-5 ounces) are approximately 25-30 minutes, and cooking times for medium chicken breasts are approximately 30-40 minutes (6-8 ounces).
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 255kcal
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 564mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 36g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
Keywords: Bbq baked chicken breast, baked chicken breast, bbq chicken breast recipe, dinner dish, main dish