Make your own version of this popular mustard dipping sauce.
- 3 tablespoons powdered mustard
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce or Tamari Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds — toasted
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- In a dry skillet or frying pan over medium high heat, toast sesame seeds until brown and aromatic. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a blender or food processor bowl, combine toasted sesame seeds, soy sauce, ground mustard (mixed with 1 teaspoon water) and garlic powder. Combine for 15 to 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Bring the heavy cream to a moderate simmer in a small saucepan, then stir in the sesame seed, soy, and mustard combination. Cook, stirring periodically, for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 16kcal
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 648mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Benihana’s Magic Mustard, sauce, sauce recipe