Awesome Blossom is a crispy and delectable fried onion blossom served with a delectable bloomin’ onion sauce.
- 1 large onion white or yellow
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oreganosalt and pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milkvegetable oil for frying
Bloomin Onion Sauce
- Thousand Island dressing
- creamy horseradish sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dried ingredients.
- Combine eggs and milk in a separate large mixing dish.
- Remove the onion’s papery skin and chop off 12 inches from the sharp end.
- Place the onion cut-side down on a chopping board and cut vertically downward, 12 inch from the root.
- Repeat this process until you have 12-16 parts.
- When you turn the onion over, it will resemble an onion blossom. With your fingers, open the onion petals even more.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and the onion flower. Remove any extra flour by lifting and shaking it off.
- Return to the flour mixture after dipping in the egg wash.
- Place the onion on a dish after lifting it. 30-60 minutes in the freezer
- Preheat the oil to 350°F in a deep fryer or a saucepan.
- Place the onion bloom, cut-side down, in the pot. 3–4 minutes in a hot pan. Turn it over and cook for 3-4 minutes more, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- To prepare the blossoming onion sauce, combine the thousand island and creamy horseradish sauce.
- Enjoy the bloomin onion petals dipped in the dipping sauce.
During the deep-frying operation, keep the oil temperature around 350°F.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: None
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 220kcal
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
Keywords: awesome blossom petals, blossom petals recipe, awesome blossom petals recipe, onion petals recipe