One of the most delicious and simple ways to prepare shrimp is by using the Boom Boom Shrimp recipe. These Boom Boom shrimps are a terrific appetizer to serve for a party night, far away from Vegan shrimp or Huna shrimp. All you have to do now is fry the shrimp in a secret batter, dip them in the boom boom sauce, and serve.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups cold club soda
- Canola oil, for frying
- Boom Boom Sauce
- Mix flour, cornstarch, Cold Club Cola, and salt in a large mixing basin. Combine everything well.
- Pour canola oil to a depth of 3 inches in a large heavy-bottomed skillet or saucepan and heat to 375°F on medium-high. For that, use an oil thermometer.
- Using skewers, insert a little 4 or 5 shrimp on each skewer. Place only three shrimp on the skewer if you’re using medium or large shrimp.
- Soak the shrimps in the flour and cola batter until they are completely covered.
- Fry the shrimps for 3 to 4 minutes till golden brown when you’ve finished them and the oil has reached the desired temperature.
- Remove the oil from the fried shrimps by placing them on a paper towel.
- Simply whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and toasted sesame oil until well blended to make Boom-Boom sauce. If desired, garnish with green onions chopped.
- Serve with skewers of fried shrimp.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stir- Frying
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 42kcal
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 124mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3.2g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
Keywords: boom boom shrimp