One of the most delicious and simple ways to prepare shrimp is by using the Boom Boom Shrimp recipe. These Boom Boom shrimps are a terrific appetizer to serve for a party night, far away from Vegan shrimp or Huna shrimp. All you have to do now is fry the shrimp in a secret batter, dip them in the boom boom sauce, and serve.
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
So, if you want to learn how to prepare boom boom shrimps, stay reading to the end, and if you have any questions, feedback, or recommendations, please leave a comment below.
What Is Boom Boom Shrimp
The batter components for Boom Boom Shrimp are different from those used for tempura shrimp. To begin, combine all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and cold soda in a mixing bowl. Then, after soaking the shrimps in the batter, deep-fry them.
Because it has so many health benefits, I prefer to fry with canola oil rather than vegetable oil. The shrimp can then be served with Boom-Boom sauce, which is a combination of mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and ketchup.
This is one of the most well-known and simple shrimp recipes, and if you’re new to the site, I highly recommend you give it a try.
What is Boom Boom shrimp made of?
Boom Boom shrimps are composed of of peeled shrimps, flour and cola batter, and boom boom sauce. So make the batter first, then soak the shrimps in it before deep-frying them, and finally serve them with the boom-boom sauce. So let’s take a closer look at the ingredients of the boom boom shrimps.
- Shrimps: Clean and peel the shrimp. I prefer to use medium-sized skewers and little shrimps (about 6 inches tall). 4 or 5 little shrimps on a skewer will taste delicious.
- All-purpose flour: Flour is the main ingredient for the batter, you can also use plain flour.
- Club soda: About 1 cup of cold club soda for the batter.
- Boom Boom Sauce: Assuming you’re familiar with Yum Yum sauce, I’m sure you’ll notice that boom boom sauce is extremely similar to that.
Alternative Video Recipe: How to make Boom Boom Shrimp
- Ultra Crispy Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings – (Easy Recipe!)
- Crispy Air Fryer Frozen Lumpia (So Easy!)
- Japanese Sweet Shrimp Amaebi Recipe (Tender-Juicy)
Boom Boom Shrimp Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups cold club soda
- Canola oil, for frying
- Boom Boom Sauce
How To Make Boom Boom Shrimps
- Mix flour, cornstarch, Cold Club Cola, and salt in a large mixing basin. Combine everything well.
- Pour canola oil to a depth of 3 inches in a large heavy-bottomed skillet or saucepan and heat to 375°F on medium-high. For that, use an oil thermometer.
- Using skewers, insert a little 4 or 5 shrimp on each skewer. Place only three shrimp on the skewer if you’re using medium or large shrimp.
- Soak the shrimps in the flour and cola batter until they are completely covered.
- Fry the shrimps for 3 to 4 minutes till golden brown when you’ve finished them and the oil has reached the desired temperature.
- Remove the oil from the fried shrimps by placing them on a paper towel.
- Simply whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and toasted sesame oil until well blended to make Boom-Boom sauce. If desired, garnish with green onions chopped.
- Serve with fried shrimp skewers.
How To Make Boom Boom Sauce
Boom boom sauce is similar to yum yum sauce in that it contains ketchup and mayonnaise, but unlike yum yum sauce, boom boom sauce contains sweet chili sauce and does not contain vinegar or sugar. This sauce can be described as a lighter variant of yum yum sauce. Make Yum Yum Sauce Using These Steps.
- mayonnaise, 1/3 cup
- 14 cup chili sauce (sweet)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (toasted)
- chopped green onions as a garnish
- Mix together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and toasted sesame oil until well combined.
- Top with chopped green onions if desired.
- Serve with fried shrimp skewers.
How To Store Boom Boom Shrimp
In The Fridge
To prolong the shelf life of shrimps that have been left over. Refrigerate the shrimps in resealable plastic bags or shallow airtight containers.
Those Boom Boom shrimps will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days if properly stored.
In The Freezer
Simply transfer the baked vegan shrimps in the freezing bags or containers, then place them in the freezer to use on another day, or you may freeze them for later use. Shrimps from Boom Boom can be stored in the freezer for 3 to 6 months.
How To Reheat
You can reheat leftover boom boom shrimps in a variety of methods, including the oven, microwave, and even the air fryer, which I always recommend
Reheat In The Oven
- Preheat the oven at 350°F for about 5 min.
- Simply, place the shrimps in the tray, Then place them in the oven.
- Rehat for 6 min, flip every 2 min.
Reheat In The Microwaves.
- Place the shrimps in microwaves safe dish/ tray.
- Reheat for 5 min, flip halfway.
In The Air Fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer at 300°F for 2 min.
- Place the boom boom shrimps in the air fryer basket.
- Reheat for 3 min.
- Shake/ flip and reheat again for 2 min.
What To Serve With Boom Boom Shrimps
Normally, boom boom shrimps are only served with boom boom sauce, but you can substitute any dipping sauce, such as mayonnaise, ketchup, or garlic sauce, if desired.Print
Frequently Ask Questions
What is Boom Boom shrimp made of?
Boom Boom shrimps are composed of of peeled shrimps, flour and cola batter, and boom boom sauce. So make the batter first, then soak the shrimps in it before deep-frying them, and finally serve them with the boom-boom sauce.
What is Boom Boom sauce made of?
It’s a chili sauce made with mayonnaise that’s slightly sweet and spicy. In a nutshell, it’s mayonnaise that’s been spiced up with sweet chili sauce as the major ingredient. As a sandwich or wrap spread, it’s a great dipping sauce for fried dishes, Japanese or Chinese cuisine, and even as a dipping sauce for sushi.
Is Yum Yum sauce the same as Boom Boom?
Both mayonnaise, ketchup, and garlic powder are used to make boom boom sauce, which is quite similar to yum yum sauce. However, because of the chili sauce, boom boom sauce is spicier. Because of the sugar, the yum yum sauce has a sweet flavor. Lemon juice is sometimes used in both of them.
What does Sheetz Boom Boom sauce taste like?
It’s a garlic chili sauce made with mayonnaise. The flavor is fantastic, with a hint of fire, a hint of sweetness, and a strong garlic flavor. In my opinion, it’s the ideal flavor combo.
How many calories are in Boom Boom shrimp?
Boom Boom Shrimp With Sauce (5 shrimp) has 21g total carbs, 20g net carbs, 17g fat, 14g protein, and 290 calories.
More Recipes to try
Crispy Boom Boom Shrimp Rice Bowl
The dynamite explodes, and the flavor explodes as well. The difference is that one is poisonous, while the other tastes scrumptious. On a bed of edamame and soy sauce-flavored rice, crispy shrimp are mixed with a Chile and cumin rub.
The spicy boom boom sauce, which has a tinge of lime in it, complements the shrimp’s natural characteristics. Like a stick of dynamite, the thrill of these tastes will make your heart explode.
Even after washing, botchy can retain some grit. Hold upside down in a bowl of water to completely clean. To get rid of the grit, give it a little shake.
AIR FRYER SKINNY BANG BANG SHRIMP
Skinny Bang Bang Shrimp – A low-calorie and WW-friendly variation of the popular Bang Bang shrimp! Bonefish Grill’s clone of the original.
At the Ground Round, I recently tried Bang Bang shrimp. Without a Ground Round, it’s a lot like a Ruby Tuesday’s type of place. Boom Boom Shrimp was an appetizer that they offered on their menu.
Bonefish Grill’s famed Bang Bang Shrimp dish is comparable to Boom Boom shrimp. We made a lot of fun of the name while we were eating the shrimp since we felt it was so ridiculous.