This simple recipe will teach you how to roast green beans. Roasted green beans are a quick and tasty side dish (or snack)! This recipe makes 4 side servings.
- 1 pound (16 ounces) green beans or haricots verts
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Scant ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and prepare a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper to make cleanup easier.
- Green beans should be washed and the rough ends trimmed. Using clean tea towels, pat them dry thoroughly (wet green beans turn soggy in the oven).
- Place the green beans on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Drizzle the olive oil over the beans and season with salt to taste. Toss with your hands until all of the beans are lightly coated in oil. Arrange the green beans in a single layer across the pan.
- Unstirred, roast for 14 to 16 minutes, or until crisp-tender with some golden, caramelized areas. (If using skinny haricots verts, they may be ready a few minutes sooner.)
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with any desired garnishes (see recipe notes for seasoning suggestions). Roasted green beans are best served warm, but they can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for 4 to 5 days.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 100kcal
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Sodium: 493mg
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 16.4g
- Protein: 4.2g
Keywords: roasted green beans recipe, green bean recipe, canned green beans recipe, easy canned green beans recipe