This is my favorite recipe for cauliflower bread. This loaf of bread is strong enough to be used for sandwiches, toast, and other bread substitutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper that is 8 inches by 4 inches.
- Microwave cauliflower for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Allow the cauliflower to cool completely. Place a small quantity in a tea towel and wring dry once it has cooled. Work in tiny batches with the leftover cauliflower.
- In a mixing dish, combine the egg whites. High-speed beating until stiff peaks emerge. Place aside.
- Combine the egg yolks, oil, almond flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing basin. To make a smooth paste, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir in the cauliflower until it is equally distributed.
- 14 of the egg whites should be added to the dough. Fold in the egg whites with a spatula. When the egg whites are completely folded in, add another batch of egg whites and repeat until all of the egg whites are incorporated. The mixture should be light and frothy. Be cautious not to overbeat the egg whites, as this can lead them to lose the air that has been whipped into them, causing the bread to not rise properly.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan that has been prepared. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown. Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing.
If you want to make a paleo version of this recipe, replace the canola oil with olive oil and make your own paleo baking powder.
Cauliflower should be riced until it resembles coarse crumbs. If you’re preparing cauliflower rice, you’ll want the cauliflower to be finer.
If you don’t want to microwave the cauliflower, you can steam it before drying it.
I prepared a basic loaf on purpose since I wanted something close to white bread. However, you can simply enhance the flavor of this bread by adding additional toppings such as shredded cheese or fresh or dried herbs. If you’re adding toppings to flavor the bread, do it after you’ve added the cauliflower.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 10 slices
- Calories: 204kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 285mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
Keywords: breakfast, cauliflower bread recipe, best cauliflower bread, keto cauliflower bread