Boneless chicken thigh in a delectable Sweet and Spicy sauce, caramelized to perfection on the outside. This is a fantastic mid-week dish that you will make again and again.
- 6–7 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ cup Chicken Stock
- 2–3 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
For Spice Rub
- 2 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder (ref note 3)
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients listed under spice rub.
- Using a kitchen towel, pat dry the chicken thighs.
- On both sides, liberally apply the dry seasoning mix.
- A heavy cast iron skillet should be heated. Toss in the butter and oil.
- Fry for 30 seconds after adding the garlic cloves. Garlic should have a light golden color and no longer have a raw odor.
- Place the flat side of the chicken thighs down. Cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat, or until brown and crispy.
- Cook for another 2 minutes over medium-high heat on the other side.
- Slowly pour 14 cup stock to the pan’s side. Add a sprig of rosemary. Scrape any brown caramelized bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for another 2 minutes on high heat with the lid on the pan.
- Uncover and continue to cook for another minute or so to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with rice, beans, or vegetables and a sprinkle of sauce on top.
- After the recipe, there’s a video with step-by-step instructions on how to prepare it.
- You may not require the entire spice blend in this recipe. Any leftovers should be stored in an airtight container for later use.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan; else, the chicken will steam instead of crisping. Sear it in two batches if the pan is small. Then return all of the chicken to the pan, along with the stock and rosemary.
- Chili powder can be replaced with paprika, or the amount of chili powder can be adjusted to taste.
- Category: Main
- Method: Pan fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 293kcal
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 491mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 33g
- Cholesterol: 169mg