Griddle Cloud Eggs are made with fluffy egg whites and a runny egg yolk. The egg clouds are egg whites that have been whipped to a stiff peak, seasoned to perfection, dusted with parmesan cheese, fried somewhat, then topped with the yolk and cooked a bit longer.
- Egg, large 1 each
- Parmesan Cheese 1/2 teaspoon
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting on the griddle. There are no wind guards to be used.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks in separate basins.
- Whip the egg whites for about 90 seconds with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Please don’t overmix!!
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on the flat top of a warm griddle.
- Scoop the fluffy egg white into a mound on the parchment paper.
- To construct a nest shape, make a small hole in the center of the whites.
- On top of the white, sprinkle the parmesan cheese and seasonings.
- Cook for 2 minutes with a dome on top.
- Uncover the egg yolk and place it in the center of the fluffy egg white.
- Replace the lid and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until the whites are golden brown and the yolk is set.
- Transfer the cloud egg to a serving plate using a spatula.
- Do not overbeat the egg white.
- Do not over cook the egg white.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 75kcal
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 88mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 187mg
Keywords: eggs, griddle, breakfast