This keto-friendly seafood salad comes together quickly. Fresh herbs and lemon juice are used to season. This easy crab salad comes together quickly and looks elegant enough to impress guests at a dinner party! In addition, this paleo, keto, Whole30, gluten-free, and no-cook dinner takes only a few minutes to prepare!
- 1 pound cooked lump crab meat
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 Thai chili pepper finely diced or 2 tablespoons diced sweet bell pepper (optional)
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paleo mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 cups salad greens optional
- 2 large Hass avocado halved, pitted, and peeled (optional)
- 6 Belgian endive spears or mini sweet bell peppers (optional)
- Combine the crab, scallions, parsley, and chili pepper in a large mixing basin (if using). Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise dressing into the crab meat mixture with care. Season to taste with more mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and/or pepper if necessary.
- Serve the crab salad over greens or pour it over split and pitted avocados for a light supper.
- Cut the ends off the Belgian endives and split them into spears for an appetizer. Arrange the spears on a dish with the crab salad spooned on top. There aren’t any endive spears? Mini sweet peppers can be be halved and deseeded, then the crab salad spooned inside!
Tips for storing:
Because crab salad is so easy to prepare, it’s best to do it shortly before serving. If you insist on making it ahead of time, you may keep it in the refrigerator for up to two days in a sealed container. Always smell something before eating it, and if it smells off, don’t eat it!
- Category: Appetizer, Salad
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 146kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 0g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: Dairy-free, gluten-free, keto, low carb,