Entertaining does not have to be difficult. This simple marinated olives and cheese ring appetizer is both beautiful and tasty. It is the perfect appetizer for the holidays, parties, or wine night! Make it for your next special event!
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar (omit if low-carb)
- ½ tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 8 oz cream cheese block
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese block
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese block
- 6 oz pitted Kalamata olives, drained
- 7 oz garlic stuffed green olives
- In a small bowl, combine white wine vinegar, olive oil, sugar, celery salt, basil, and red chili flakes. Place aside.
- Cut cream cheese block in half lengthwise. Using a 14-inch slicer, cut the bread into 14-inch slices.
- 14-inch slices of mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese
- On a platter, arrange cheese slices upright in a ring with one slice of mozzarella, one slice of Monterey Jack, and one slice of cream cheese until you form a complete circle.
- Combine drained olives and place in the center of the circle.
- Drizzle the dressing mixture over the entire dish, being careful to cover the olives and cheese.
- Cover and leave to marinate for at least an hour. Serve.
This chic appetizer is extremely adaptable. Any cheeses will work in place of the cream cheese and sharp cheddar. Just keep the overall weight the same.
Fold thin slices of deli cuts like pepperoni and salami in half and tuck them between the cheese slices for more variety.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: None
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 16 servings
- Calories: 202kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 705mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
Keywords: marinated olives and cheese ring, appetizer recipe, easy marinated and olives recipe, dinner ideas