Steamed broccoli is a quick and easy nutritious, and delicious side dish. Learn how to steam broccoli that is flavorful and vivid green in color. Steaming is the most fantastic way to cook broccoli, and I’ll show you several tricks to get perfectly cooked broccoli every time!
- of ,
- A pot should have about an inch of water added before it is heated to a boil.
- Clean your broccoli in the interim, then separate the stem from the crown. The florets should be cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Slice the team crosswise into 1-inch-thick pieces after peeling.
- Place the broccoli florets in a steamer basket inside the pot while the water is boiling.
- Steam for 5-7 minutes with the lid on and the heat set to medium.
- As soon as the broccoli stalk can be pierced with a fork, remove from the heat.
- Don’t overcook your broccoli, please. Small florets should be fully cooked after 5 minutes, so start checking.
- As soon as the water is boiling, add the broccoli.
- You can still create this recipe without a steamer by boiling the broccoli or using the microwave.
- Steamed broccoli should be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It will last 3 to 4 days.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Steamed
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 28kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 28mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: how to steam broccoli, steamed broccoli DID Y