A trip to a hibachi restaurant is usually a fun time. You can never go wrong with a hearty helping of excellent Hibachi Noodles, regardless of your entree. This Japanese-inspired dish is composed with yakisoba noodles, Teriyaki sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil. Serve with shrimp, chicken, beef, or plant-based alternatives.
- 1 lb. cooked yakisoba noodles or udon or ramen or linguini (see note)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- optional sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish
- If required, cook the noodles according to the package guidelines.
- Place a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. When the butter and garlic are heated, add them. Sauté for 30 seconds, or until aromatic.
- To the pan, add the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and sugar. Stir for about 30 seconds to properly dissolve the sugar.
- Toss in the cooked noodles using kitchen tongs to coat completely.
- Drizzle the sesame oil over the top and toss a few more times.
- Optional garnishes include sesame seeds and chopped green onions. Serve immediately as is or with meals such as hibachi veggies, hibachi chicken, or hibachi steak.
- Yakisoba are buckwheat noodles that can be found at Asian grocery stores and online. If you can’t find any, udon noodles are the next best thing, followed by ramen. If that fails, you can substitute linguini, but you’ll need to prepare it first.
- Sesame oil: Instead of refined sesame oil, use Asian sesame oil derived from toasted sesame seeds.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat to reheat hibachi noodles. When it’s hot, add one tablespoon of water, then the noodles. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes, or until boiling hot, before serving.
- Category: main course,
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 0kcal
- Sugar: 11.5g
- Sodium: 406.4mg
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 68.5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 11.3g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: Noodles, Hibachi Noodles, Japanese steakhouse noodles