Hibachi Chicken is a simple and tasty Japanese dish consisting of chicken stir-fried with garlic, vegetables, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. If you have all the ingredients, you can prepare this flavorful chicken dish in just 15 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil (Benihana’s recipe suggests Safflower oil)
- 7 ounces chicken breast (boneless, skinless – cut into bite size pieces)
- 2 mushrooms (cut or sliced into 8 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds
- Add the cooking oil to a nonstick skillet or frying pan heated over medium-high heat *400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius) if using an electric skillet.
- Place chicken and mushrooms in the hot skillet and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains. Occasionally stir the chicken and mushrooms while cooking. If you prefer your mushrooms to be less cooked, the mushrooms can be added in the final few minutes.
- Add the butter, lemon juice, and sesame seeds once the chicken is cooked through. To combine ingredients, stir them. If desired, season with salt and pepper. Immediately remove from heat and serve.
- Category: main course, Dinner
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 400 kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 334mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 44g
- Cholesterol: 158mg
Keywords: Chicken, Dinner, Hibachi Chicken, Japanese steakhouse recipe