Discover how to prepare delicious ricotta pancake recipes at home. These light and fluffy pancakes are incredibly simple to make and have authentic flavor. No need for an electric mixer. Just 30 minutes to complete. In just 30 minutes, you can have flawless handmade ricotta pancakes.
Ricotta pancakes have been on my “to-do” list for a very long time. Bills, one of my all-time favorite cafes in Sydney, is known for its incredible ricotta hotcakes.
I adore them utterly. However, despite the fact that they serve them with generous amounts of honeycomb butter and banana, I wanted to make a recipe that was incredibly quick and simple to prepare at home.
And THEY ARE HERE. These pancakes are quick and simple, but they are also incredibly delicious, much like my favorite American-style pancakes.
Ricotta gives the pancakes their light, fluffy inside and goes great with thick maple syrup and seasonal fruit like blueberries.
The majority of ricotta pancakes recipe call for you to separate the eggs, whisk the whites, and then fold them in at the very end. The batter practically bubbled in my mouth when I licked it off with my finger after doing the same thing (come on, you do it too). It was really light.
The resulting pancakes are really moist thanks to the ricotta. I also added some vanilla for taste, but you could also add a teaspoon or two of lemon juice and some zest since ricotta and lemon are frequently combined. It would also be nice with a drizzle of honey or a handful of berries.
WHY DO PANCAKES WITH RICOTTA?
Ricotta cheese is a game-changer when added to pancakes, despite the fact that it may seem weird. Although you can’t really taste the acidic flavor, you will definitely notice the wonderful texture. These ricotta pancakes are richer and denser than regular pancakes. They have a fluffy consistency and are incredibly moist and velvety thanks to the ricotta. The higher fat level produces a highly soft end product, much like when sour cream or cream cheese are used in baking. It’s a secret weapon that raises the bar for your baked goods!
Alternative Video Recipe: Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 16 POPULAR ITALIAN BREAKFAST IDEAS & RECIPES
- FLUFFIEST BUTTERMILK PANCAKES [Superb!] – Easy recipe!
- Soft and Fluffy Electric Greek Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
- Best Mac and Cheese Pancakes Recipe (Homemade Kenny Shopsin!)
MAKING PANCAKE BATTER
Add the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt to a sizable mixing basin.
Add the eggs, milk, ricotta, and vanilla to a different bowl. To blend the ingredients and break up the egg yolks, whisk for about 30 seconds.
To create a thick, smooth batter, combine the wet ingredients with the dry ones and whisk to combine.
PREPARING RICOTTA PANCAKES
Cooking these ricotta pancakes on a low-medium heat is crucial. The outside will turn golden brown if you cook them at a high temperature, but the inside will remain soggy and underdone.
Since every stove will vary, test the temperature with the first pancake. You may need to adjust the temperature when your stove warms up.
Your pancakes will be ideal if you cook them low and slowly; they’ll be brown on the outside and fluffy and soft in the middle.
WHICH KIND OF RICOTTA SHOULD I USE?
I recommend using a creamy store-bought ricotta for this recipe, rather than a block of fresh ricotta cheese. I tested this recipe using Perfect Italiano Ricotta. The picture below shows the texture.
WHAT AM I GOING TO SERVE THEM?
These pancakes pair wonderfully with all the standard toppings, just like conventional pancakes do. The following are some of my favorite things to combine them with:
- Maple syrup
- Fresh banana slices
- Fresh berries, like blueberries or raspberries
- Whipped cream
TIPS FOR SUCCESS IN COOKING
- The batter will be more fluffy if you let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes before frying. Normally, I just let it alone while I heat the griddle.
- Make sure the griddle is hot before pouring any batter into the pan. When water drops come into contact with it, they sizzle and evaporate. Since you can create a lot of pancakes at once and the electric griddle has a perfectly level surface, the pancakes cook more evenly.
- This recipe is ideal as is if you want to use it as your go-to ricotta pancakes recipe. Remove the vanilla extract and replace it with a tablespoon of lemon juice and the zest of one lemon for a refreshing and tangy variation.
TIPS + VARIATIONS
You are missing out if you’ve never combined ricotta with your baked goods! It gives the flavor a rich depth and makes the texture incredibly fluffy and moist. One of my favorite uses for it is to make these pancakes as well as my ricotta cheese cookies. Both are quite deliciou
- Avoid overmixing. Even a few lumps in the batter are acceptable. You don’t want to overmix it because that will result in a slightly chewy and dry texture.
- Lie down. Let the batter sit in the basin for a while while your griddle or pan heats up. The product will be extremely fluffy and light thanks to this.
- Bubbles. Your pancakes are prepared to be turned over as soon as the tops are covered with little bubbles, as shown in the picture above.
- Additional mix-ins Add extras like chocolate chips, cinnamon, or a dab of pumpkin pie spice if you’d like.
- Variation of lemon blueberries: My kids enjoy them simply, but I enjoy enhancing the flavor with lemon and blueberries. I typically cook half the batter without any additional ingredients before adding 1 lemon’s zest and roughly 1-2 Tablespoons of lemon juice. After I pour the batter onto the skillet, I immediately top each pancake with roughly 8 blueberries.
KEEP WARM & FREEZING
You can keep the pancakes warm in the oven while preparing more if you’re making them for a big group of people. Simply bake the cooked pancakes at 175°Print
FAQs About Ricotta Pancakes
What flavor do pancakes with ricotta have?
The ricotta provides a lovely milky richness and creaminess to each mouthful rather than being anything you can actually taste; the pancakes don’t even remotely taste “cheesy.” Expecting them to be exactly like ordinary buttermilk pancakes is unrealistic.
What flavor are the lemon ricotta pancakes?
Sweet but tart! The lemon juice and zest give them a distinct taste. These pancakes have a fluffier texture than the traditional pancake recipe
What increases the fluff of a pancake?
Using 1/2 cup of plain yogurt in place of half the milk in a recipe that asks for 1 cup of milk will result in a thicker batter and fluffier pancakes. Yogurt’s acidity will also help the baking powder’s chemical reaction, providing even more fluffiness.
Ricotta cheese nutritious?
Ricotta is a healthier option when compared to most cheeses because it has a 10% fat content, of which 6% is saturated. It also has less salt. It has a delicate flavor and is light and creamy with a slightly gritty texture that may be used on its own or in both sweet and savory meals.
Is it OK for a pregnant woman to consume ricotta pancakes?
Pasteurization is the process of heating foods and beverages to kill dangerous bacteria such as listeria that might cause sickness. As a result, most ricotta can be taken while pregnant.
More Alternative Ricotta Recipes to try!
RICOTTA AND SPINACH CANNELLONI WITH TOMATO SUGO
Cannelloni with ricotta and spinach are such a traditional combination that you can’t go wrong with this satisfying midweek supper. Why not prepare the cheese sauce filling in advance to streamline supper preparation?
HONEY-TOMATO BRUSCHETTA WITH RICOTTA
Two varieties of honey are used in this fantastic appetizer for two different purposes: The delicacy of the acidic tomatoes’ sweetness is enhanced as they slowly roast in mellow, somewhat spicy clover honey. After the bruschetta is put together, the rich buckwheat honey is drizzled on top to counteract the creamy ricotta cheese.