The flavor of this Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp is incredible! With sun-dried tomatoes and spinach, the delicious shrimp is coated in a thick, rich, and creamy garlic Parmesan sauce. It’s a low-carb, super-easy meal that’ll wow your guests. In about 20 minutes, you’ll have dinner on the table.
The most wonderful creamy shrimp dish is Tuscan Garlic Shrimp. A creamy garlic parmesan sauce with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes gives you a restaurant-quality supper at home!
The Gulf shrimp are excellent, but they’re much better when they’re coated in a creamy garlic Parmesan sauce and swimming in it! These Tuscan shrimp are a hit with my family! And I can almost guarantee that the first bite of this shrimp recipe will make you fall in love with it.
What is Tuscan Style Food?
Tuscan cuisine is centered on the concept of bad cooking. This implies simple, low-cost meals that can be readily scaled out to serve a big number of people. It is simple and straightforward, with high-quality ingredients and natural flavors. Garlic, herbs, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes abound.
That’s exactly what these Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp are. Simple, fresh, flavorful, and enough to feed a crowd. It’s simple to double the recipe and feed even more people. If you like this sauce and cooking style, you’ll enjoy these others as well.
Video Recipe: How to cook Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp
- Quick Cajun Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- Crispy Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Delicious Chinese Style Oven Baked Fish
Why you’ll love creamy Tuscan shrimp
- At its finest, creamy comfort food. For some, the shrimp may highlight this creamy Tuscan shrimp recipe. It’s the sauce for others. This rich, creamy sauce is liquid comfort, made with butter, flour, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and other ingredients.
- It’s high in protein. This dish of creamy Tuscan garlic shrimp is both tasty and healthy. Shrimp is a nutrient-dense protein that’s low in calories and high in protein. It’s high in iodine, selenium, iron, and B12, all of which are hard to come by in other foods.
- It’s bursting at the seams with flavor. If you’ve ever fantasized about visiting Italy, you’re probably aware that Tuscany’s flavors include sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, garlic, basil, and parmesan—all of which are present in this creamy Tuscan shrimp recipe.
- It’s surprisingly simple and quick. The ease with which you can prepare creamy Tuscan garlic shrimp will astound you. This one-pan meal takes less than 20 minutes to prepare. Simply sear the shrimp, prepare the sauce, then wilt the spinach, and you’re done!
Tuscan? I know, I know. This is NOT a traditional recipe form Tuscany… BUT it is a ‘traditional’ recipe — in chicken from — from the popular Olive Garden Italian Restaurant. However, me being me, I added my own twist with garlic butter since we’re dealing with shrimp here, and made it so much better than the original.
Garlic. Butter. You are going to fry your shrimp (or prawns) in butter FULL of garlic. I could have left this recipe right here….but then I wouldn’t be doing anything different to this Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp. And that’s NO BUENO. SO… Garlic Butter Shrimp SMOTHERED in a beautiful and creamy Tuscan sauce.
How To Make Creamy Tuscan Garlic Shrimp
This comes together in 30 minutes and then dinner is ready! Perfect for busy nights and lazy weekends.
- Shrimp: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the shrimp and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until pink. Remove the shrimp and place them on a platter.
- Sauce: Combine the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl. Whisk constantly over medium-high heat until it begins to thicken.
- Add: Add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and let it simmer until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Combine: Add the shrimp back to the pan and serve over pasta if desired.
How to serve Creamy Garlic Shrimp
You can serve creamy Tuscan shrimp in a variety of ways. They’re great on their own, but they’re even better with a side of crusty bread to soak up all of the creamy sauce. You may also serve them over pasta, mashed potatoes, garlic mashed cauliflower, or rice as a side dish.
I prefer to serve this with a side salad, such as Chopped Asparagus Salad, Lemon Kale Salad, Greek Salad, or Mediterranean Chickpea Wedge Salad, to balance out the meal.
Tips for Making the Best Creamy Tuscan Garlic Shrimp
Shrimp is a simple ingredient to prepare, and this sauce is to die for, so what are you waiting for? Make it now!
- I prefer to use fresh shrimp whenever possible because it adds the most flavor. Remove the tails before cooking to make the Tuscan shrimp easier to eat. Remember just to cook the shrimp until it is pink all over. You don’t want to overcook it since it will become rubbery.
- Heavy Cream: You do not want to substitute half and half for heavy cream in this dish. For one, half and half contain sugar. And it will result in a thinner sauce, to which you will need to add a thickener. Your creamy Tuscan sauce will be less creamy as a result. Heavy cream is unquestionably the finest option.
- Sauté: To add a deeper taste to your shrimp, sauté them in butter rather than olive oil. Oh my goodness!
- Spinach: I like to cut or break off the stems of the spinach so that none of the tough stem bits end up in my sauce. This is an extra step that you are not required to take. It’s only a matter of taste.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Drain, but do not rinse the jarred sun-dried tomatoes.
- Serve: This is delicious on its alone, but we enjoy it with a bowl of freshly cooked noodles.
STORING AND REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS
- How to store: Keep creamy Tuscan shrimp in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, either with pasta or separately.
- Reheat on the stovetop over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes or in the microwave until the shrimp is warmed through. If the sauce has thickened in the refrigerator, thin it out with a bit of water until you obtain the ideal consistency. Microwave reheating is also an option. Cover leftovers with a paper towel, plate, or lid in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the creamy Tuscan shrimp in 15-30 second increments until heated. Heat only as much as you’ll consume.
What can you serve with Tuscan shrimp?
- Over pasta that has been mixed through with olive, salt, and garlic. Also, a touch of parmesan never hurt anyone.
- Garlic bread: soaking up the creamy sauce with a warm piece of bread. It’s heaven.
- Rice. Yes, this is amazing with rice also.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are prawns Keto?
Yes, to put it succinctly. Shrimp have a low carbohydrate content and are a good source of protein
Which is the sweetest shrimp?
Prawns with a Spot (Pandalus platyceros)
They can grow up to 12 inches in length. Because of their excellent flavor and sweetness, they are commonly referred to as “the lobster of Alaska.” These shrimp are the most delicious, sweetest, most delicate on the market.
What is the most popular shrimp?
Fun fact: These pallid and heavy shrimp are some of the world’s most beloved shellfish due to their sweet flavor.
More Shrimp Recipes to try
CREAMY TUSCAN GARLIC SHRIMP
The most wonderful creamy shrimp dish is Tuscan Garlic Shrimp. A creamy garlic parmesan sauce with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes delivers a restaurant-quality supper at home!
This delicious dish is ready in approximately 30 minutes. Make a full meal out of it by serving it with a salad, green beans, and bread.
Creamy Garlic Shrimp with Parmesan (low carb)
A very simple shrimp recipe is creamy garlic shrimp with parmesan. Ready in less than 10 minutes, coated in a rustic and buttery sauce!
Everyone raves about these easy yet delicious Creamy Garlic Shrimp. Make a wonderful dinner out of things you most likely already have in your refrigerator and serve it with low carb or carb-heavy sides for an amazing meal! All advice and suggestions are offered.