I actually wanted to make this last year, but usually I personally don’t have “leftover” candy. So this time I bought some, specifically to use and call “leftover”. The great thing is you can pretty much use any candy you like. I prefer chocolate with something like this, but by all means, add something fruity or whatever you have.
I think another way to make sure this is a home run, is choose like candies for the toppings. What I mean by that, is things that are all say, mint, or in this case, peanut butter. It just tastes better in my opinion. The Reese’s Pieces went perfect with the Butterfingers, then mixed with the salty saltines and caramel – to die for! This was so freakin’ addictive too, I had to sent it with my husband’s office or I would have seriously eaten it all. And so easy & quick too!
- One sleeve Saltine Crackers (broken up into large pieces, roughly ½'s or ⅓'s)
- 1 Stick unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 - 10 oz bag Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Handful of White Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Candy toppers of your choice (enough to roughly cover surface)
- Assorted Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line pan with aluminum foil and also spray with nonstick baking/ cooking spray. Spread out broken crackers in an even layer in the pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and brown sugar. Heat until mixture turns into a boil and becomes a caramel color (a few minutes). Drizzle the caramel over the crackers evenly.
- Bake for about 3-4 minutes, or until it just starts to bubble. Remove it from the oven and top with chocolate chips. Once they melt, smooth them out with an offset spatula. Top with broken up pieces of candy and sprinkles.
- Refrigerate pan for about 30-45 minutes, or until hardened. Break into shards and store in an airtight container.
*Adapted from Food Network