Crunchy Air Fryer Waffle Fries Recipe (10 Minutes)
Air fryer waffle fries are easy to make and perfect for the whole family!
Every time you turn frozen waffle fries into a crunchy and crispy pleasantly delicious side dish or snack, it just takes around 10 minutes!
Isn’t there something unique about waffle fries? They’re not like other varieties of fries in that they’re not what you’d expect.
I don’t make fries very often at home, so I generally let them eat as many as they want!
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Quick and simple. Because we don’t have to preheat a large oven, this dish simply takes a few minutes from start to finish. Preheating an air fryer takes only a few minutes. Cooking waffle fries in an Air Fryer is likely to become your new favorite cooking method!
- There are fewer calories. Because the waffle fries aren’t cooked in oil, they have a lot fewer calories, making this a healthy waffle fry dish!
- Versatile. You can use any type of waffle fry, such as sweet potato, ordinary, seasoned, and so on, based on your preferences.
- There’s no need to thaw it. Because these waffle fries start out frozen, there isn’t much prep work required other than preheating and inserting frozen waffle fries in Air Fryer baskets.
- Spend less money. Are you looking for a way to save money at Chick-Fil-A? These waffle fries taste just like Chick-Fil- A’s, except they’re prepared at home!
WHAT ARE WAFFLE CUT FRIES?
Waffle-cut fries became renowned thanks to Chick-Fil-A, which serves only Waffle Cut Fries. Waffle-cut fries are slivers of french fries that are chopped into square shapes.
This method of cutting potatoes for french fries was popularized by the fast-food restaurant.
They are still quite popular today and may be found at a variety of restaurants as well as served at home with a variety of cuisines.
- Waffle Fries: You can use any brand of waffle fries you choose. The overall amount of fries you’ll need is determined on the size of your Air Fryer and the number of servings you want to prepare.
DO YOU NEED TO OIL SPRAY THE FROZEN FRIES?
You don’t need to add any extra oil to the waffle fries that have already been deep fried. You’ll see that the existing oil will release from the fries after air frying.
However, if you prefer a crisper “oil flavor,” go ahead. We don’t do that because we believe you don’t require it.
Other sources recommend sprinkling with oil before air frying, but perhaps they prefer their food to be more fatty.
CAN I MAKE HOMEMADE WAFFLE FRIES IN THE AIR FRYER?
If you’re creating your fries from scratch, you’ll need to cook them for a different amount of time and at a different temperature.
Frozen waffle-cut fries are already cooked, but homemade waffle-cut fries start off as raw potatoes.!
This will ensure that your fries are crispy and delicious by giving you a more exact time and temperature.
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN WAFFLE FRIES IN THE AIR FRYER?
- Arrange the waffle fries in an equal layer in the air fryer basket. They don’t have to be in a single layer, but they shouldn’t be packed too tightly in the basket.
- Add no more than half a one-pound bag of fries at a time to smaller air fryers (5 quarts or less). More can be added to larger air fryers.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Set the timer for ten minutes. Bake for 5 minutes, then shake the basket and place it back in the air fryer for another 5 minutes.
- When you shake the basket halfway through, you’ll be able to tell if your waffle fries need more or less time to cook evenly. If required, shake the basket several times to ensure that your fries are cooked evenly.
- To absorb excess oil, place on a layer of paper towels. If you prefer, season with salt and black pepper and serve with your preferred dipping sauce. Enjoy!
HOW TO SERVE?
Waffle fries go well with a variety of foods, including cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches, and wraps.
They’re also delicious dipped in ketchup, boom boom sauce, or Chick-Fil-A sauce. We even use them as nachos instead of tortilla chips, which is delicious!
DO YOU NEED OIL TO COOK FROZEN WAFFLE FRIES IN THE AIR FRYER?
Because frozen goods are usually fried in oil before being packaged, you won’t need any additional oil.
However, if you notice that your fries are becoming a touch dry during cooking, spritz them with an oil mister.
HOW LONG DO YOU AIR FRY FROZEN WAFFLES?
The time it takes to cook frozen waffle fries in an air fryer depends on the type of air fryer you have. It takes roughly 15 to 20 minutes on average.
To get a fantastic batch of Air Fryer Waffle Fries, remember to shake your basket regularly during the cooking process.
HOW DO YOU REHEAT WAFFLE FRIES IN AN AIR FRYER?
Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for about 5-6 minutes with the leftover waffle fries in the air fryer basket.
Give them a brief spritz of olive oil or other high-heat cooking oil if you want them crispy.
- Do not defrost the fries before air frying for optimum results.
- At approximately 5 minutes into the cooking period, give the fries a good shake.
- Adjust the time dependent on the size and model of your air fryer. Always check your owner’s handbook for the most accurate time estimate.
- If you’re making multiple batches or your air fryer is preheated, the fries will likely take less time to cook because the air fryer is already hot.
- Use Alexia frozen waffle fries, which are of great quality. They’re pre-seasoned, don’t require any additional ingredients, and are non-GMO!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are waffle fries?
Waffle fries are a cut potato that is cooked and fried in the same way as any other cut potato with the exception of its appearance. These fries, which are shaped to resemble the criss-cross patterns on a waffle, are larger in size and ideal for scooping up dips like a chip.
What to dip waffle fries in?
Fries can be dipped in a variety of sauces, including fry sauce, ketchup, mustard, aiolis, and sour cream. Why limit yourself to just one dipping choice when there are so many to select from?
Are waffle fries gluten free?
This will be determined by the brand and type of waffle fries you purchase. Seasoned fries are more likely to include gluten, so look for a “gluten free” label on the bag or confirm that no gluten or wheat has been added by reading the added ingredients.
How do you cook frozen waffle fries?
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. On a dark, non-stick baking sheet or shallow baking pan, spread frozen fries in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip the product and bake for another 7 to 10 minutes. Serve right away.
Crunchy Air Fryer Waffle Fries Recipe
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
You’ll never go back to deep frying after cooking your Waffle Fries in an Air Fryer to golden perfection! You’ll never want to put them in the oven again! This is a quick and painless way to enjoy your waffle fries without using any oil!
- 1 lb frozen waffle cut fries
- each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- In the air fryer basket or on the air fryer trays, arrange the frozen waffle-cut fries in a uniform layer. *Overlapping is fine, and there’s no need for oil.
- Air fried for 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C), turning or flipping halfway through the cooking time. Cook for a further 1-3 minutes if you want your waffle fries to be particularly crispy.
- Serve immediately after removing from the air fryer and seasoning with salt and pepper if desired.
It’s easier to crisp up larger quantities of waffle fries by completing them in smaller batches after the initial cook time. Remove half of the fries and crisp them up for 2-3 minutes in each batch before serving.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: America
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 295kcal
- Sodium: 556mg
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: air fryer waffle fries, waffle fries air fryer recipe, waffle fries recipe, air fryer recipe, waffle fries
More alternative recipes to try:
Frozen Waffle Fries in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Waffle Frozen Cut Fries