Ranch pretzels, frozen pretzel pizzas, and cinnamon pretzel bites are all wonderful appetizers or snacks made using pretzels.
My children’s favorites, though, are the simple warm, soft pretzels found in the mall.
I tried making these in the microwave, but they came out chewy, and I tried cooking them in the oven, but it took a long time. I haven’t cooked them in any other way since I first tried them in the air fryer. In about 3 minutes, they are deliciously hot and cooked to perfection.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Frozen Soft Pretzels – Frozen soft pretzels can be found in the frozen department of most supermarkets. We buy the large pretzel twists, although pretzel nibbles with a shorter heating time are also available. The most popular brands of pretzels are Super Pretzel and Auntie Anne’s. During German week, we adore getting ours at Aldi!
- Air Fryer – There are so many high-quality air fryer alternatives to pick from. The Ninja Foodi is, in my opinion, the best air fryer. Because it saves time and counter space, I like to utilize my all-in-one air fryer and pressure cooker or Ninja grill.
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN PRETZEL BITES IN THE AIR FRYER
All you need for cooking frozen soft pretzels in the air fryer is a package of your favorite frozen soft pretzels, the salt supplied in the box, and a little water.
- Place the pretzels in the air fryer basket after removing them from the packaging. In my 5.8 quart basket, I can fit about 3-4.
- Brush the tops with water and, if desired, season with salt.
- Cook for 3 minutes at 320 degrees F. You may need to add 1-2 minutes to the cook time depending on the pretzel brand and equipment.
- Remove from the basket with care and serve warm. These silicone tongs are one of my favorites. When removing the basket, avoid doing anything that could scratch it.
Video Recipe : How to make Air Fryer Frozen Pretzels
- Delicious Air Fryer Bagel Bites Recipe (Must Try!)
- Perfectly Crispy Bacon Waffles Recipe (Super Easy!)
- Easy Crispy Air Fryer Corn Dogs From Scratch (Simple Recipe)
WHY MAKE FROZEN PRETZELS IN THE AIR FRYER
- Cleanup is a breeze. This approach does not necessitate the use of a baking sheet. The air fryer basket is all you’ll need.
- Texture is improved. Because of the dry heat, the pretzels’ outsides become beautiful and crispy all the way around.
- Cooks more quickly. Unlike a regular oven, soft pretzels air fry in 5 minutes or less directly from the freezer!
- Less electricity is used. There’s no need to turn on the oven, especially in the heat. The air fryer uses a lot less energy and power than a conventional frying.
- There will be no babysitting. Set the timer and leave them to cook while you go about your kitchen doing other things.
SOFT FROZEN PRETZELS IDEAS
These are wonderful on their own with a little salt, but dipping them in anything tasty for added taste is also fun. Here are some dip suggestions:
- nacho cheese
- beer cheese
- honey mustard
- ground mustard
- Knorr spinach dip
- French onion dip
- powdered sugar glaze
STORING & REHEATING
- Storing: Air fried soft pretzels can be stored in an airtight container on the counter or in the fridge for up to two days, though they will lose their crisp texture and softness if not warmed correctly.
- Reheating: the air fried pretzel in the air fryer at 300F for 2-3 minutes, or until warmed through and crispy. If the pretzels need to be reheated, place them back in the basket and bake at 320 degrees for 1-2 minutes.
HOW LONG AIR FRY PRETZELS
The time it takes to air fry a frozen soft pretzel is determined by its size and thickness. These are merely suggestions. At 325 degrees Fahrenheit, a soft pretzel takes around 3-5 minutes to cook. Because every air fryer is different, check them frequently to ensure they don’t burn or overcook.
- 3-5 minutes at 325F for large frozen soft pretzels
- 2-4 minutes at 325F for frozen soft pretzel rods
- 2-4 minutes @ 325F for frozen soft pretzel bites
- 8-10 minutes at 375°F for frozen pretzel dogs
- 8-10 minutes @ 350°F for frozen cheese filled pretzels
WHAT USE AIR FRYER TO USE?
There are a plethora of other fantastic brands available now. The size of your family and the style you like are two factors to consider. I also propose the following models:
- OMORC: With a 7.6 quart basket, this is a larger machine. It includes a cook book, a rack, and rave ratings.
- Instant Vortex is a 4-in-1 machine with a 6 quart capacity. It’s simple to use and has a reasonable price.
- Cosori Air Fryer Toaster Oven: This is the larger capacity toaster over variant. It has 11 functions, one of which is dehydration.
- Because each air fryer fries differently, you may need to add 1-2 minutes to the cooking time.
- While cooking in the basket, don’t stack them on top of each other. For even cooking, you want the heat to be able to circulate around them.
- If you want to cut down on sodium, leave off the salt.
- Brush the tops of the pretzels with olive or coconut oil to make cinnamon sugar soft pretzels. Cinnamon and sugar are lightly sprinkled on top.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight jar for up to two days.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do you air Fry frozen pretzels?
Place each rope in the air fryer basket after twisting it into a pretzel shape. Whisk the egg with a teaspoon of water in a small bowl, then brush the egg wash over the top of each pretzel. Air fry for 12-14 minutes at 320 degrees F, or until the dough is baked and the tops are golden brown.
How long do you cook a frozen pretzel?
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and arrange the frozen pretzels on a baking sheet. To make ORIGINAL pretzels, wet the tops of the pretzels and sprinkle salt on top (we recommend 3 to 4 grains per bite). Cinnamon Sugar pretzels don’t require any salt. Bake for 6–8 minutes, or until golden brown and completely warmed pretzel(s).
How do you make frozen pretzels taste better?
Brush the frozen pretzels with pumpkin puree using a small pastry brush (or a spoon and your clean fingertips). You want just enough flavor to perk it up, but not so much that it becomes gloppy! If using cinnamon, sprinkle it on top of the pretzels before placing them in the oven.
How do you get salt to stick to frozen pretzels?
Brush the pretzels with egg wash and generously season with salt flakes. The egg wash helps the salt flakes attach to the pretzels and browns them during baking.
What can I dip pretzels in? What can I dip frozen pretzels in?
Soft pretzels can be dipped in honey mustard, cream cheese, nacho cheese, ranch dressing, and/or marinara sauce. If you’re feeling adventurous, try dipping them in salad dressing, artichoke/spinach dip, or even peanut butter and chocolate sauce.
More Pretzels Recipes to try!
German Soft Pretzel Sticks
“Any cuisine high in salt and starch is fantastic,” says Grant Achatz, “and soft pretzels fresh out of the oven are awesome.” You can eat these slightly sweet, chewy, dark pretzel sticks alone or with mustard; Achatz prefers ranch dressing.
German Soft Pretzels (Laugenbrezel)
These salty, dark brown, crunchy (but soft on the inside) tiny gentlemen are the perfect accompaniment to a cool drink! I’m in heaven with a side of honey mustard or butter.
There are various theories about how pretzels came to be. Some attribute it to European monks, while others claim it was originated in a South French abbey, and still others believe it is a version of Greek ring bread.