Crispy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Air Fryer Recipe
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Air Fryer is one of those items that comes out shockingly wonderful when fried in the air fryer.
The bacon is crispy, and the asparagus is tender and not overcooked. The mix of air fried bacon and asparagus is a fantastic flavor combination.
I adore asparagus, and I’m quite sure everyone does. You get the best of both worlds in this dish.
Another advantage of bacon-wrapped asparagus is that it works well as a side dish complement to almost any dish. This is also a terrific meal to make for breakfast.
WHY THIS WORKS?
This is a quick recipe that can be done in approximately 20 minutes. While you wait, prepare some salmon in your Instant Pot for a whole meal.
- Impressive – relatively simple to prepare, but it stands out on the table as a classy side dish that will impress your visitors.
- Low-carb and keto – Use the bounty of Spring and Summer to make this delectable snack. I can’t get enough of this asparagus, and my family is always asking for more.
Doesn’t bacon just make everything better?
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
Here’s a list of the ingredients you’ll need. Scroll down to the recipe card for precise measurements.
- Asparagus – Choose asparagus that is medium to large in size. The spears should be robust and vivid green. The tips should be properly closed and placed in the produce department’s chiller area. The asparagus should never be dried out.
- For this recipe, you can use either ordinary or thick cut bacon.
HOW TO CHOOSE ASPARAGUS?
Other Good Air Fryer Recipes
- Crispy Air Fryer Frozen Lumpia (So Easy!)
- Crispy and Crunchy Air Fryer Tortilla Chips Recipe (Homemade)
- Finger-Licking Good Air Fryer BBQ Ribs Recipe (30 Minutes)
I’ve seen a lot of other bacon asparagus recipes.
Most of them appear to utilize thin asparagus wrapped as “asparagus bundles,” but I believe you will get better results with fresh stalks of asparagus that are thicker.
The goal is for the asparagus to finish cooking about the same time as the bacon. This is why you want to use thicker asparagus.
HOW TO TRIM ASPARAGUS?
Each spear is unique, and some stalk sections may be longer or shorter on each piece. So here’s how to easily trim asparagus.
- Hold the asparagus spear by the tip in one hand and the tip of the spear in the other.
- Bend the asparagus spear gently, and it will snap exactly where the harder end meets the sensitive spear. Remove the tough part and wrap the tender in bacon.
HOW TO PREPARE BACON WITH ASPARAGUS?
How to cook asparagus with bacon is a fairly straightforward technique.
There are only a few steps to making this simple and delicious side dish. The results are excellent whether you use an air fryer or a ninja foodi.
STEP 1 – REMOVE THE ASPARAGUS ENDS
- It is simple to snap the ends of the asparagus. Grab the asparagus and bend it with your index fingers near the base of the asparagus. The asparagus will naturally break in the proper area. Do this with all of the remaining asparagus. For neatly trimmed asparagus, snip the woody ends off the asparagus base using a knife. The snap approach is my preferred method.
STEP 2 – WRAP THE ASPARAGUS IN BACON
- It’s easy to wrap the asparagus in bacon. Take a chunk of bacon and stretch it a little. This simplifies the process and allows you to coat the entire asparagus with a slice of bacon. Wrap the asparagus such that the edge of the bacon overhang your previous wrap each time you wrap it. Continue until all of your asparagus is bacon-wrapped and resembles the image below.
STEP 3 – SEASONING THE ASPARAGUS
- I seasoned the asparagus spears with a combination of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. This is a terrific mix in my opinion. Just be careful not to overseason with salt because the bacon is already salty. If you like, you can omit the salt.
Video Recipe: Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Air Fryer
HOW TO COOK BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS IN AIRFRYER?
- The cooking method for this air fryer asparagus recipe is also quite straightforward and uncomplicated. Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket to ensure that the asparagus cooks evenly. Make sure there is enough room to allow for even air movement.
- The goal here is to have an even cook on these asparagus. When cooking a large amount of asparagus, it is best to do so in batches.
- The difficult part is not eating all of the asparagus from the previous batch.
- Fill the air fryer basket halfway with asparagus. Remember to provide some space between the asparagus for proper air circulation around the basket.
HOW LONG TO COOK BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS IN THE AIR FRYER?
The asparagus takes about 10 to 12 minutes to cook in the air fryer. 390 degrees Fahrenheit is the cooking temperature.
Around 10 minutes, I start checking for doneness. The idea here is to have crispy bacon and asparagus that aren’t overcooked.
CAN YOU MAKE BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS IN ADVANCE?
In the air fryer, cook the asparagus for 10 to 12 minutes. The cooking temperature is 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
I start checking for doneness after around 10 minutes. The goal here is to have crispy bacon and slightly undercooked asparagus.
STORAGE & REHEATING
Cook the asparagus for 10 to 12 minutes in the air fryer. 390 degrees Fahrenheit is the cooking temperature.
After about 10 minutes, I start checking for doneness. The idea here is for the bacon to be crispy and the asparagus to be slightly undercooked.
- White Asparagus — This is difficult to come by, but it is delicious.
- Cream Cheese – Before wrapping the bacon, spread it with cream cheese.
- Add cheese — Feta or Parmesan are both excellent choices. After a few minutes of cooking, sprinkle with the remaining ingredients.
- Pureed Tomato Sauce with Herbs – Spread some sauce on the bacon.
Marmalade or Maple Syrup – Before cooking, spread some sweetness over the bacon.
- Brown Sugar — For a great flavor boost, sprinkle Bacon with Brown Sugar.
Pancetta – Wrap in Pancetta, which is unsmoked Italian bacon.
HOW TO CLEAN ASPARAGUS?
Asparagus climbs up through sandy soil, so imagine how much sand can get trapped in the brush-like tops.
Cleaning your asparagus properly is critical to avoid grit — no one wants to eat gritty asparagus! Here are methods for cleaning asparagus.
- Trim the asparagus before you begin. Hold the top of the asparagus in one hand (behind the brushy section) and snap off the bottom with the other. This will get rid of the rough, woody ends. Compile these!
- Clean the asparagus spears under fast running water. I like to run each spear under cold running water for 20 seconds or so to dislodge any sand.
- Fill a large basin halfway with water and add your trimmed asparagus. To dislodge the grit, swish the asparagus around quickly. Empty the water and start over.
HOW TO STORE BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS?
After cooking, I do not advocate storing bacon-wrapped asparagus.
These asparagus, on the other hand, can be stored uncooked for up to a day ahead of time. They should be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
TIPS FOR MAKING AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
- Depending on the thickness of the asparagus used, cooking time may vary by a few minutes.
- If one side of the asparagus begins to color too soon, simply flip it over.
- Adding parmesan cheese with 5 minutes remaining in the cooking time is a fantastic addition and adds a lot of flavor.
- If you’re attempting to eat less saturated fat, turkey bacon wrapped asparagus is also delicious.
- These can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container until ready sto cook.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of bacon should I use?
I used thick cut Applewood smoked bacon in this recipe. You may, however, use your favorite. You could easily use normal bacon for a crispier result. Just keep an eye on it because it will probably cook in less time.
What are some other asparagus variations?
For a delicious twist, add a splash of lemon juice and freshly grated parmesan cheese. To make with parmesan cheese, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over the asparagus spears 5 minutes before the air fryer timer goes off.
Can I bake these bacon wrapped asparagus bundles?
Absolutely! If you don’t have an air fryer, bake the asparagus for around 30 minutes at 400F degrees. Make certain. must use nonstick frying spray or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Do I need to spray the basket?
Before I put the asparagus in the basket, I lightly brush it. This prevents the asparagus and bacon from being stuck to the basket. However, only a small amount is required!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Air Fryer
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
These bacon-wrapped asparagus bundles are a simple yet elegant side dish that is sure to please! The asparagus stalks are wrapped in bacon, glazed with brown sugar, and roasted until tender.
- 1 lb thick asparagus stalks trimmed
- 4 slices bacon do not use thick cut
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make four bundles out of the asparagus stalks. Wrap one slice of bacon tightly around each bundle.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder, brown sugar, and pepper.
- Place the asparagus bundles on a baking sheet and drizzle with the butter mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon has crisped. Serve with a sprinkle of parsley, if desired.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: None
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 169kcal
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 198mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
Keywords: Air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus, bacon wrapped asparagus recipe, bacon recipe, asparagus bacon recipe