These crispy and crunchy Air Fryer Corn Dogs are made from scratch and do not require deep frying! Everyone enjoys this healthy corn dog recipe!
If you want to cook them straight from the freezer, we’ve included instructions on how to air fry frozen corn dogs in a Ninja air fryer!
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
Whether it’s for a game day or just a quick meal or snack, this classic meal-on-a-stick is sure to be a hit with kids!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE AIR FRYER CORN DOGS?
- No need for deep frying: Not only is air frying a healthier option, but it’s also more cost effective because it eliminates the need for oil. You can save all of the oil that would have been used to immerse the corn dogs. This also eliminates the possibility of being injured by oil splashing from the deep fryer.
- Simple batter: The batter is made with common ingredients and simple instructions. Simply combine and dip!
- Freezer friendly: Cooked corn dogs can be frozen and stored in the same way that grocery store boxes are.
- Reheats well: To reheat, simply place the corn dogs in the fryer until warm for a perfect snack that is just as crispy as the first time they were cooked.
AIR FRYER CORN DOGS WITHOUT DEEP-FRYING
Hand-dipped corn dogs are the ultimate comfort food, and children adore them at fairs and carnivals.
The traditional corn dogs, on the other hand, are deep-fried and often leave me feeling completely weighed down.
Cooking them in the air fryer significantly reduces the calories and eliminates the mess that comes with deep-frying.
Instead of using cups of oil, a few sprays will do the trick, and your corn dogs will still be perfectly crispy.
This mini air fryer corn dog recipe is so simple that you might abandon the deep-fried version for good.
AIR FRYER FROZEN CORN DOGS
You literally just take the hard frozen corn dogs and cook them in the air fryer for a few minutes, and they come out delicious without any extra oil.
The outside texture of the corn bread is crispy and delicious. In addition, the hot dogs have been thoroughly warmed.
It’ll be a quick and easy way to get the kids a snack or a quick dinner. It’s a quick and easy way to get these on the table for the entire family!
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTES
- Hot Dogs – Use simple hot dogs such as beef, turkey, or chicken. I cut them in half for mini air fryer corn dogs to fit the diameter of the air fryer basket once the stick is attached.
- Yellow Cornmeal – For this recipe, use finely ground cornmeal. Avoid ground cornmeal that is “coarse” or “medium.”
- All-purpose flour should be used.
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda – Aids in the fluffy texture of the corn dogs.
- Sugar and salt – for seasoning.
- Buttermilk and eggs – Aid in the adhesion of the batter to the hot dogs.
- Bread Crumbs – For the best results, use Panko bread crumbs.
- Cooking spray – It adds a crispy texture to the corn dogs. If you don’t have cooking spray, brush the uncooked corn dogs with olive oil.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER CORN DOGS
- Cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt should all be combined in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and eggs.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the buttermilk and egg mixture. To combine, mix everything together. Then pour the batter into a tall glass.
- Cut the hot dogs in half and skewer the mini hot dogs onto wooden skewers.
- Coat the hot dogs in flour, then shake off the excess.
- Using a fork, dip the floured hot dogs into the batter.
- Breadcrumbs should be used to coat the battered hot dogs. Using your hands, gently press the breadcrumbs onto the hot dogs.
- Spray the basket with cooking spray and arrange them in a single layer. Make sure your air fryer is not overcrowded.
- Set the oven to 375oF and the timer to 8 minutes. Remove the basket and flip the corn dogs after 4 minutes.
- Place the basket back in the air fryer. Check after 2 minutes and every 1 minute until heated through. If desired, top with ketchup and mustard.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK CORN DOGS IN AN AIR FRYER?
In the air fryer, your corn dogs will be ready in just 8 minutes!
Furthermore, the air fryer heats up quickly! We recommend turning them halfway through for all-around even crispiness.
CAN I FREEZE CORN DOGS?
Corn dogs freeze extremely well. If you like the convenience of having snacks ready to heat up but don’t like the idea of store-bought corn dogs, this is a great option.
Continue with the recipe as usual, and once the corn dogs have completely cooled, place them in freezer bags and place them in the freezer.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER FREEZER CORN DOGS?
You can also use premade frozen corn dogs for an even faster meal or snack. You won’t believe how well they cook in the air fryer, with the perfect crispy outside and thoroughly cooked inside.
Simply remove the corn dogs from the freezer and place them in a single row in the air fryer. Take care not to overcrowd the air fryer. Then proceed with the same cooking instructions.
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT AIR FRYER CORN DOGS
- If you want larger corn dogs, use the entire hot dog instead of cutting it in half.
- I also cut my skewers in half so they don’t protrude too far. Check to see if the skewered corn dog will fit in your air fryer basket.
- When filling the batter, use a tall drinking glass to keep things tidy. Allow enough space in the glass for the hot dog to be dipped without overflowing.
- If there are any gaps in the dough after dipping the hot dogs in the batter, simply re-dip.
- To ensure even crispiness, flip the corn dogs halfway through.
- After a total cooking time of 6 minutes, check your corn dogs every minute to ensure they are not burned.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long and at what temperature do you cook frozen corn dogs in the air fryer?
There is no need for oil spray. Air fry regular sized corn dogs for 8 minutes at 370°F/188°C. Continue to cook the corn dogs at 370°F/188°C for another 2-4 minutes, or until heated through.
How do you air fry a corn dog State Fair?
Fill the air fryer basket halfway with frozen corn dogs (remember NO added oil). Air fry the dogs for 6-8 minutes at 400F/204C. Remove the air fryer basket from the oven. Plate your dogs and serve with your favorite dipping sauce; keep in mind that they are extremely hot!
What is the best way to cook frozen corn dogs?
Bake frozen corn dogs in a 350-degree-French-degree-French-degree-French-degree-French-degree-French-degree- Preheat the oven to 350°F, then place the dogs on a baking sheet and bake for 16 to 20 minutes, or until hot. Do not hide them. If you’re short on time, microwave the frozen corn dogs.
What temperature do you cook corn dogs on?
Place the corn dogs on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until heated through. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook corn dogs for 10-12 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Heat on HIGH for 30-35 seconds, or until thoroughly heated.