Perfect Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe  (Homemade)
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies are a simple dessert that doesn’t require you to heat up your kitchen.
On your countertop, bake the perfect cookie for quick treats that your family will enjoy. If you don’t have an air fryer, there are also oven-baking instructions.
Nothing beats a homemade cookie unless it’s one you can whip up quickly without heating up your entire kitchen.
CAN YOU BAKE IN AN AIR FRYER?
Yes! It can be difficult to find the right combination of temperature and time, but you can absolutely bake in your air fryer.
It’s ideal when your oven is in use or when you don’t want to heat up the entire kitchen for a single batch of cookies.
When baking these, I highly recommend using parchment paper.
They make special parchment paper for air fryers (like this), or you can use your favorite brand with some holes poked in it.
This will keep the edges from curling up as a result of the air fryer fan’s power/heat.
CAN YOU USE ALUMINUM FOIL IN THE AIR FRYER?
This is dependent on the make and model of your air fryer, so consult the user manual.
I tried using foil in my air fryer, but I didn’t make any holes in it to allow air to circulate, so it didn’t work very well.
If you’re going to use foil, make sure to poke holes in it to allow air to circulate and keep everything in place.
CAN YOU COOK FROZEN COOKIES IN THE AIR FRYER?
It’s always better to let your cookies thaw before baking them in the air fryer, because otherwise you’ll end up with very thick cookies.
It won’t have enough time to spread and cook evenly, but if that’s what you want, go ahead and try it. But that’s not what we were going for with this dish.
If you want to give it a shot, bake your frozen cookie dough balls in a 300F preheated air fryer basket for 10-12 minutes and see how they turn out.
HOW TO AIR FRY COOKIES?
- Combine the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Then stir in the eggs, vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, and half of the flour. Combine the dry ingredients and the butter mixture in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the rest of the flour on medium speed until the cookie dough is thick and creamy. Once the dough has been combined, stir in the chocolate chips and optional nuts until they are evenly distributed throughout.
- Shape the dough into balls with a small cookie scoop or spoon. Place the dough balls on top of the parchment paper in the air fryer basket. Allow about an inch of space between each cookie.
- Air fry for 7-8 minutes at 300°F. When the cookies are golden brown, leave them in the air fryer basket for 1 to 2 minutes to set.
- Remove the cookies from the air fryer and place them on a wire rack to cool.
- Because no two air fryers are the same, cooking time will vary depending on the model. Cooking time may need to be increased by a couple of minutes for larger cookies.
HOW TO FREEZE COOKIE BATTER?
Keep any leftover cookie dough in the fridge or freezer for easy air fryer cookies at any time!
Scoop the dough into small balls and place them in ziplock bags. Keep refrigerated for up to 7 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- Pro Tip: Keep any leftover cookie dough in the fridge or freezer for easy air fryer cookies at any time! Scoop the dough into small balls and place them in ziplock bags. Keep refrigerated for up to 7 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- To bake, place straight into the air fryer and bake for an additional 1-2 minutes.
HOW TO STORE AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?
So, keep your air-fried cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
You can also freeze your air fryer chocolate chip cookies for up to a month in an airtight container.
VARIATIONS FOR THE BEST AIR FRYER COOKIES
The simplest way to customize your cookies is to change up the ingredients.
- Chips: Instead of chocolate chips, try butterscotch, peanut butter, or white chocolate chips.
- Mix in chopped nuts, craisins, raisins, flaked coconut, or oatmeal to taste. You only need about 12 cups of whatever you add.
- Flavoring: Along with the vanilla, add a dash of almond or coconut flavoring to give it a unique flavor.
CAN YOU BAKE THESE COOKIES IN A REGULAR OVEN?
You certainly can! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
The oven will produce incredible soft and chewy cookies, just like grandma used to make!
TIPS FOR THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
So, while the dough for chocolate chip cookies is nearly identical, the method of cooking is slightly different.
With a few hints, you’ll always have perfect ooey gooey cookies.
Liners: Unlike other air-fried foods, cookies require a liner in order to bake. You can use parchment paper liners or aluminum foil.
I’ve discovered that using a smaller liner than the basket and keeping the cookies away from the edges works best. It keeps the cookies from flying around too much, as well as the liner.
AIR FRYER COOKIE TIPS
Here are a few pointers to make your life easier when baking cookies in the air fryer:
- Don’t skip the preheating step– Preheating your air fryer works the same way as preheating your oven, so if you want the best chocolate chip cookies, preheat your air fryer basket first.
- Use air fryer parchment paper or poke holes in your parchment paper to keep it from flying away—I tried regular parchment paper and it was a total disaster. Remove the air fryer tray and bake your cookies directly on the bake of the air fryer basket, or simply use the appropriate type of parchment!
- Make sure to leave enough space between each cookie to ensure even baking.
- Begin with less baking time– I understand that the temperature of your air fryer can vary depending on the make and model, so what worked for me may not work for you. But there is still hope! Begin with one cookie and see how it turns out, or bake your first batch for 1-2 minutes less and see how they turn out before proceeding.
- Microwave your cookie before eating it– This is a trick I use all the time after the cookies have sat for more than 24 hours (in an airtight container). For that ooey gooey chocolate chip cookie experience, microwave your cookie for 10-15 seconds.
Perfect Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe  (Homemade)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 18 cookies 1x
Air fryer chocolate chip cookies are a delicious cookie recipe. In the air fryer, buttery warm cookies are ready in just a few minutes.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Combine the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Cream the butter and sugars together until smooth and creamy.
- Combine the eggs, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and half of the flour in a mixing bowl. Combine the dry ingredients and the butter mixture in a mixing bowl.
- On medium speed, add the remaining half of the flour and mix until the cookie dough is thick and creamy. Once the dough has been combined, stir in the chocolate chips and optional nuts until they are evenly distributed throughout.
- Shape the dough into balls with a small cookie scoop or spoon. Place the dough balls on top of parchment paper in the air fryer basket. Allow about an inch of space between each cookie.
- Air fry for 7-8 minutes at 300°F. When the cookies are golden brown, leave them in the air fryer basket for 1 to 2 minutes before transferring to the cooking rack.
Used a one and a half inch cookie scoop for this air fryer cookie recipe, which yielded 40 balls of cookie dough. You can make a half batch of dough or freeze leftover cookie dough if you want fewer cookies. Cookie dough can be frozen for up to three months.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 179kcal
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
Keywords: Air fryer cookie recipe, air fryer dessert, air fryer chocolate chip recipe, easy air fryer chocolate chip recipe, dessert
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you cook cookies in the air fryer?
A basic chocolate chip cookie bakes for five minutes at 350°F and comes out perfectly. Most cookies, however, can be made in an air fryer. Reduce the heat on the machine by about 25°F when air frying (for example, if a cookie recipe calls for 350°F in a conventional oven, set it to about 325°). It’s extremely simple to modify.
What happens when you air fry a cookie?
It entails frying them in your air fryer. The air fryer functions similarly to a countertop convection oven. Because of the high fan speed and concentrated heat, the outside of the cookie becomes crispy while the inside remains gooey.
How long should you put cookies in an air fryer?
Allow about an inch of space between each cookie. Air fry for 7-8 minutes at 300°F. When the cookies are golden brown, leave them in the air fryer basket for 1 to 2 minutes to set. Remove the cookies from the air fryer and place them on a wire rack to cool.
Should you use parchment paper in an air fryer?
A high-quality parchment paper is recommended for your air fryer, especially if you plan to make your own perforated parchment paper. Because most air fryers have a maximum temperature of 400 F, parchment paper or baking paper that is heat safe up to 425°F/ 218°C is an excellent choice.