These juicy, savory, and flavorful Air Fryer Turkey Burgers are a must-try. With no extra oil or butter, I utilize my healthy secret ingredient to keep these turkey burgers juicy.
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
People have discovered another enjoyable and healthy method to cook their favorite foods thanks to air fryer technology. Air Fryer Turkey Burgers are one of my favorites, and I’m sharing them with you today! They’re fantastic!
Who doesn’t enjoy a huge, juicy burger that has been well-seasoned and cooked?
The Best Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
Air frying burgers has completely changed my life! It’s exquisite how the air fryer employs circulating air to create a delectable crust while keeping the inside succulently juicy and wet. Every time I cook these turkey burgers, the outside is lovely and the inside is tender and juicy.
So much of the time, fowl will dry out before the insides have a chance to finish cooking. This is where the air fryer comes in. The pushed air browns and crisps the food in the same way that an oven would, but much faster.
Allowing the meat to cook and stay juicy on the inside. All of this was accomplished with very little oil or fat.
Tricks for Juicy Turkey Burgers
Unlike beef, chicken must be cooked to the proper temperature for safety, therefore use a meat thermometer to check the temperature once the cooking procedure is completed. The temperature should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit (the same goes for ground chicken).
The burgers should be chilled first to keep their shape and allow the flavors to mingle. You can skip this step if you’re in a hurry, but be delicate while flipping them.
If you can only find “extra lean” turkey or chicken, add some fat for the best results. In our standard turkey burgers, a tablespoon of olive oil or some finely chopped bacon are favorites.
Above all, avoid overcooking. An instant-read thermometer is highly recommended! Meat is costly, and this little investment guarantees the best cook!
How to Cook Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Mix all of the ingredients together and divide into four equal burgers. 30 minutes in the refrigerator
- Brush the patties with barbecue sauce (if using) and equally position them in the fryer basket.
- Cook for 6 minutes on the first side, then turn and cook for another 6 to 8 minutes on the second side. On the outside, the patties should be somewhat crispy and equally browned on both sides.
- Toppings and condiments should be served immediately.
Turkey Burgers Ingredients
With only 4 ingredients, these burgers can’t get much easier. Feel free to add more spices to your turkey burgers to vary the flavor as desired. Look for ground turkey next to the ground beef in your local grocery store.
- Ground Turkey: Ground chicken can also be used.
- Garlic: minced finely to blend in nicely with the burgers.
- Salt and Pepper: As desired
- Worcestershire Sauce: Adds incredible umami flavor to the burgers
Making Turkey Burgers in the Air Fryer
Burgers made with fresh ground turkey are easier to shape than those made with frozen ground turkey. They’ll come out crusty on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside if you air fry them. Delish!
- Mix: In a medium sized bowl combine the turkey, garlic, salt, pepper and a Worcestershire sauce.
- Shape: Shape into four patties keeping them ½ inch thick because they will shrink.
- Fry: Add two patties to the basket and cook at 360 degrees for 7 minutes. Flip the patties and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until cooked throughout. Internal temperature should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Perfect Turkey Burger Variations
Another nice thing about turkey burgers is how easy they are to customize. And just like any burger you can make a bunch of them and freeze them for quick dinners on a busy night.
- Add Ins Turkey burgers are perfect for sneaking in vegetables. Finely chopped mushrooms, peppers, onions, or shredded zucchini add flavor and moisture to the turkey.
- Seasonings: These burgers have a great flavor thanks to the simple ingredients of garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Other seasonings, on the other hand, are limitless. Barbecue seasonings, taco seasonings, ranch seasonings, Greek spices, and even Italian spices would be amazing.
- Toppings: Again, the options for topping these turkey burgers are limitless. Tomatoes, lettuce, bacon, BBQ Sauce, avocado, sprouts, and whatever else strikes your fancy on this particular day!
- Cheese: Don’t forget the cheese! Swiss, cheddar, pepper jack, feta, blue cheese, and Monterey jack are all favorites.
More Burger-Loving Recipes to Try
Burgers! They’re juicy, flavorful, a total comfort food, and completely adaptable. They’re fantastic. Burgers are one of my favorite foods. In all of its forms. Burgers are truly impossible to go wrong with! They’re a lot of fun to cook and eat because they’re perfectly proportioned, seasoned to perfection, and topped to your heart’s content. Tonight, try one of these burger varieties!
- The Best Grilled Burger and Secret Sauce
- Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
- Juicy Grilled Garlic Turkey Burgers
- Salmon Burgers
- Grilled Chipotle Ranch Burgers
How do you cook turkey burgers in an air fryer?
Cook two patties in the air fryer basket for 7 minutes at 360 degrees. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until the patties are cooked all the way through.
How long do you air fry frozen turkey burgers?
AIR FRYER COOKING: FROZEN: In your air fryer basket, place frozen burger(s) on the grill rack (if available). Preheat the oven to 390°F and bake for 9 minutes. Season the top side of the burger(s) before flipping and seasoning the bottom side.
How do you know when turkey burgers are cooked?
Simply split the meat with a fork or slice it with a small, sharp knife. Examine the juices that stream out of the patty closely. The meat is done when they’re clear. If the fluids are pink or crimson, however, the burger should be left on the grill for a few minutes longer.
What temperature do you cook turkey burgers to?
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place turkey burger patties on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Bake for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. When turkey burgers achieve an internal temperature of 165° F, they’re done.