This turkey bacon cooked in an air fryer will save you time in the mornings by allowing you to get ready while the turkey bacon cooks.
No more splattered grease from the skillet.
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
Turkey bacon cooked in the air fryer is ideal for those who dislike pig bacon. When you cook bacon in the air fryer, you always get deliciously crispy bacon.
Because turkey bacon isn’t as fattening as traditional bacon, there’s less of a mess.
This recipe includes all of the tips and tactics you’ll need to make the best air fryer Turkey bacon.
There’s nothing like crispy turkey bacon from an air fryer. You are missing out, my buddy, if you haven’t tried turkey bacon in the air fryer yet! Because it fries up wonderfully and is a healthier substitute for conventional bacon.
Using an air fryer to make turkey bacon is a quick and easy way to achieve excellent crispy bacon. There’s no need to stand over a hot, sputtering frying pan! Make turkey bacon in the air fryer for a fantastic result!
COOK TURKEY BACON IN AN AIR FRYER.
- Step one: Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
- Step two: In the air fryer basket, arrange as many slices as will fit in a single layer.
- Step three: Cook for 5 minutes before serving. Flip the bacon over in the air fryer.
- Step four: Return the basket to the air fryer and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the bacon is done to your preference.
- Step five: Rep with the rest of the bacon slices.
IS TURKEY BACON GOOD FOR YOU?
Turkey bacon has slightly less fat and calories than pork bacon, making it a better option for persons on special diets or who are unable to consume pork.
Uncured turkey bacon is a great option for relatives and friends who are concerned about their heart health or just want to lower their cholesterol.
But! Turkey bacon is heavy in saturated fat and salt, much like pork bacon.
Bacon should still be consumed in moderation. Choose low-sodium options and avoid adding salt throughout the cooking process.
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY BACON CRISPY
I’ve discovered that, like regular bacon, turkey bacon has a sweet spot where it’s perfectly crispy. Anything more than that could cause it to catch fire.
The key to getting very good, crispy turkey bacon is to keep an eye on it, especially the first time you cook it.
In your air fryer, you’ll figure out just how long to cook it. The next time you cook it, it will be flawless, and you won’t have to watch it as closely.
HOW DO YOU KNOW TURKEY BACON IS DONE
When air frying the bacon for the first time, keep an eye on it to ensure it reaches the desired crispness. Write down how long it takes to reach your chosen crispiness level, and you’ll have excellent bacon in the air fryer for the rest of your life!
WHAT IS THE BEST TURKEY BACON?
Some of the packages are labeled cured, while others are uncured. Uncured bacon is preferable since it signifies the pork has not been cured with sodium nitrates.
You may get any brand of uncured turkey bacon without nitrates.
Applegate Turkey Bacon and Trader Joe’s Turkey Bacon are two of my favorites. Both are still uncured.
HOW TO STORE
- Allow cooked bacon to cool completely before storing it using one of the ways listed below.
- Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Pre-freeze on a parchment paper coated cookie sheet for up to 4 hours if making a large batch, then store frozen slices in a freezer bag for up to a month. To keep the slices from sticking together, we freeze them beforehand.
If warming from the fridge, simply pop into the microwave for 20 seconds at a time until warmed through.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to fry turkey bacon?
As the bacon strips bake, they will retain the shape of the ridges, giving them that distinct wavy texture. In a skillet, cook a single layer of turkey bacon on medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes, flipping frequently.
How long should you air fry turkey bacon?
1. In an air fryer basket, place turkey bacon slices. It doesn’t matter if it overlaps because the overlap will assist keep the weight down.
2. For 8 to 10 minutes, air fried at 360°F / 182°C. If you want it extra crispy, cook for up to 10 minutes.
Is it possible to get crispy turkey bacon?
It gets crispy, but not as crispy as pork bacon, because it doesn’t have as much fat as conventional bacon.
How much bacon can you cook in an air fryer?
It’s so simple to cook bacon in the air fryer! I have a 6 liter air fryer that can cook up to 7 thick cut bacon slices at a time. This method can also be used to prepare turkey bacon. To put more bacon strips in your air fryer, chop the strips in half widthwise.