It’s simple to cook frozen sausage patties in the air fryer.
Sausage patties and links can be cooked in the air fryer directly from frozen in around 10 minutes.
What’s the point of making morning sausage in the air fryer?
It’s really simple to cook and clean up afterward. I like that you don’t have to worry about a greasy mess to clean up. Put the patties in the basket, cook them up, and serve.
WHY MAKE BREAKFAST SAUSAGE IN THE AIR FRYER
- It’s really simple to cook and clean up afterward. I like that you don’t have to worry about a greasy mess to clean up. Put the patties in the basket, cook them up, and serve.
- In the air fryer, you may cook frozen sausage as well as fresh, uncooked sausage with no problems.
- This recipe is perfect for a quick breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Video Recipe to try: Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage
WHY MAKE FROZEN SAUSAGE IN THE AIR FRYER?
Breakfast, let’s face it, can be a hectic time of day. This strategy will assist you in getting breakfast on the table more quickly!
- There is less to clean up. The air fryer basket is the only item that gets dirty in this dish, especially if you use foil on the bottom. All you’ll need to clean is that!
- Texture is improved. Air fried food has a lovely, crispy outside texture without using any oil, making it a far healthier cooking method.
- Cooks more quickly. The food will cook significantly faster than on the cooktop or in the oven since the dry hot air circulates quickly around it.
- There will be no babysitting. This strategy allows you to free up your hands to assist in the preparation of other breakfast items or to get your family out the door.
- There is no need to defrost. When utilizing an air fryer recipe cooked from frozen, you don’t have to remember to take anything out of the freezer to thaw.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
All you’ll need is a frozen breakfast sausage box. We’ve had tremendous success with Jimmy Dean, Banquet, Morningstar, and the store brand. The same procedures can be used to make frozen sausage links.
I would also suggest checking the internal temperature of the meat using a meat thermometer to ensure that it has reached 160 degrees F.
- Best Mac and Cheese Pancakes Recipe (Homemade Kenny Shopsin!)
- 34 Best Crepe Filling Ideas (Recipes You Need To Try!)
- Homemade Crispy Corn Nuggets Recipe (Easy 20-minute snack!)
HOW TO COOK FROZEN SAUSAGE IN THE AIR FRYER?
Although frozen sausage patties have already been cooked, check that they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F to ensure that they are fully cooked.
- In the air fryer basket, place frozen sausage patties. Make sure they aren’t stacked on top of each other. For even cooking, you want the hot air to travel around the sausage.
- Cook for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F. Cook for another 3-4 minutes after flipping the sausage patties. Depending on how brown you like your sausage, you may need to cook it for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the basket with care and serve.
HOW TO COOK FRESH FROZEN SAUSAGE IN THE AIR FRYER?
Follow these instructions to prepare fresh sausage patties, such as Johnsonville or Jimmy Dean brand.
- In the air fryer basket, arrange raw sausage in a single layer.
- Cook for 4 minutes at 380 degrees, then flip the patties and cook for another 3-4 minutes at 380 degrees, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove with care and serve immediately.
CAN I AIR FRY FROZEN SAUSAGES PATTIES?
The best part about this air fryer breakfast meal is that no preparation is required!
Place your breakfast sausage in the air fryer basket straight from the freezer. The cook time in this recipe is for frozen sausage patties.
Preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before adding the sausage patties for the best air fried breakfast sausage. Every time, you’ll get that perfectly crispy browned breakfast sausage.
WHAT’S THE BEST KIND OF AIR FRYER BREAKFAST SAUSAGE?
- There is no such thing as a wrong response! Breakfast sausages are something I keep in the freezer for a quick, protein-packed meal, but the type of meat you use is entirely up to you.
- I tested this dish with frozen pork sausage patties because they’re very tasty and a favorite of mine and my family. Use chicken breakfast sausage, turkey sausage patties, or even Morningstar vegetarian breakfast sausage patties.
- You may also prepare Johnsonville sausage in the air fryer if you only have fresh or thawed patties. They’ll probably cook faster than frozen, so keep an eye on them every few minutes and turn until the bottom is equally browned.
HOW TO REHEAT BREAKFAST SAUSAGE IN THE AIR FRYER
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container or bag for up to 3 days. In the air fryer, it’s simple to reheat the sausage. Return the patties or links to the basket and bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
STORING & REHEATING
- Storing: Air fried sausage can keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Reheating: Air fried sausage patties can be reheated in the microwave or returned to the air fryer for 5-7 minutes at 350°F until heated through and crispy.
DO I NEED TO ADD OIL?
This is a common question, particularly when air frying frozen meals. Because frozen pig sausage already has adequate fat, no additional oil is required.
Because turkey and vegetarian sausages are lower in fat, a brief spray of olive oil may be necessary to brown them. However, adding oil isn’t required.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BREAKFAST SAUSAGE?
Sausage patties or links go well with a variety of dishes, including scrambled eggs, hash brown casserole, waffles, and, of course, a mimosa. We also enjoy them dipped in maple syrup or Boom Boom sauce.Print
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to cook a frozen sausage patty in an air fryer?
Cooking frozen sausage patties in the air fryer is fast and easy. Sausage patties and sausage links can be cooked straight from frozen in the air fryer in about 10 minutes.
Can you cook frozen sausage in an air fryer?
Yes, sausages that are purchased already frozen from the supermarket have been properly prepared to be safe to cook from frozen. As a result, they can be safely cooked in an air fryer. They may take a few minutes longer to cook than fresh sausages.
How long does it take to cook sausages in an Airfryer?
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cooking spray should be used. Place the sausage links on the basket or rack, leaving space between them. 8 minutes to cook the sausage
Can you quickly defrost sausages?
Select the defrost setting on your microwave oven and place the plate inside. Microwave your sausages for three to five minutes, or until completely thawed. Although this is the quickest method of defrosting, it can compromise the quality of your sausages by giving them a rubbery texture.
Can you put aluminum foil in air fryer?
Because they create heat with hot air rather than actual microwaves, putting foil in an air fryer does not result in the same terrifying spark show. … Because air fryers work by circulating hot air from the bottom of the fryer, this is the case. If you line it with foil, the air movement will be restricted, and your food will not cook correctly.
More Sausage Recipes to try:
Sausage meatballs with chickpeas
A gluten-free Italian dish made with a can of chickpeas instead of spaghetti to reduce carbs while maintaining flavor.
Chicken sausages with white-wine beans
Cannelini beans in a white wine sauce are the perfect complement to crispy chicken sausages.