When it comes to a quick breakfast, lunch, or dinner, Air Fryer Sausages are the way to go!
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
When air fried, sausages cook evenly and become incredibly flavorful and juicy. The best part is that no oil is required. Simply place them in the basket and you’re ready to go.
It cooks quickly, tastes great, and adds a lot of versatility to whatever meal you’re putting together.
CAN I COOK SAUSAGES IN THE AIR FRYER?
Yes, you can absolutely cook sausages in an air fryer! When frying sausages in a skillet, it can be difficult to get the timing just right.
A lot of the time, the ends will be burnt. No way! Not in the air fryer!
Make sure to use parchment paper in your air fryer. I bought mine from Amazon.
As a result, cooking bacon in the air fryer is safe. It absorbs excess grease and prevents the air fryer from smoking.
WHY YOU SHOULD COOK SAUSAGE IN AN AIR FRYER?
The air fryer is quick, and it sears the outside well, resulting in a juicy, tender sausage. Cooking time is quick, with a total time of less than 15 minutes.
It’s a keto low carb diet. and can be used with any type of sausage, including pork, chicken, or turkey.
I usually use links with my dinner dishes, but if we’re having breakfast, I’ll often use sausage patties.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER SAUSAGE?
- Remove your sausage from the refrigerator and discard the packaging. If you’re using frozen sausage, make sure to thoroughly defrost it first so it cooks evenly. If your links don’t fit in your air fryer, cut them in half or thirds, whatever works for you.
- Cooking spray should be sprayed on the air fryer basket. Cook the sausage for 8 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes on the other side. The length of time depends on the size of your sausage links.
- When the sausage is done cooking, remove it from the fryer and place it on a paper towel or parchment paper to rest; this will also help absorb any excess grease that has evaporated from the meat. Allow to rest for two minutes before serving or adding to whatever dish you are preparing.
WHAT TYPES OF SAUSAGE CAN I USE?
Our temperature and time are for raw sausage. This method works with pork sausage, turkey sausage, or chicken sausage as long as they are large links (about 4 oz per sausage link) and raw in a casing.
Our favorite air fryer Italian sausages are made with pork. Reduce the time to 5 minutes if you want to air fry a pre-cooked sausage.
All that is required is to crisp the outside and warm the inside.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FRIED SAUSAGE?
I like to eat tasty, well-cooked sausage with a side salad. It’s a quick and healthy meal.
It’s simply arugula tossed in a light vinaigrette and topped with shaved parmesan. If we have grape tomatoes or red onions on hand, those are great additions.
Steamed green beans or grilled broccoli, foil packet potatoes, or pasta with your favorite sauce are other healthy recipe side dish options.
You can even have this for breakfast with fried eggs and a keto green smoothie.
HOW LONG TO COOK SAUSAGES IN THE AIR FRYER?
Air fry for 10-12 minutes at 400°F. Sausages should be golden brown on the outside and an internal temperature of 160°F (if cooking from raw) for a juicy cooked center.
If you start with fully cooked sausage, the internal temperature is irrelevant; you’re just looking for the desired color.
HOW TO SERVE AIR FRIED SAUSAGE?
If it’s summer, you might be tempted to stuff a perfectly cooked air fryer sausage into a bun. Go for it, in my opinion.
That is, as long as you use mustard and kraut instead of ketchup.
Other ways to serve the crispy golden brown sausage include sautéed peppers, onions, and garlic, as seen here for a quick and easy dinner.
This dish is delicious when served with rice. It’s also ideal for meal preparation.
Alternatively, slice it and toss it with pasta.
If you have any leftover sausage patties, store them in the fridge in a tightly sealed container. They can be stored properly for up to 3-4 days.
You can reheat these sausage patties in the microwave for a few seconds or in the air fryer for a few minutes.
- Sausage patties come in a variety of brands (we used Johnsonville Original Recipe Sausage Breakfast Rounds). The exact cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the sausage patties and your air fryer.
- Make sure the patties do not overlap in the air fryer. They may not cook evenly if they are not cooked evenly.
- Cook your sausage patties until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The times listed below are for raw breakfast patties. The cook time will vary if you use pre-cooked and/or frozen breakfast patties.
- When the sausage patties are done, place them on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb any excess grease/fat.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do sausages take in the air fryer?
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F and cook the sausages until they are well-browned on the outside and cooked through when cut into. It takes 8-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the sausages and the number of sausages in the basket.
What is the best way to cook sausages?
The most common method of cooking sausage is pan-frying. Its effectiveness stems from the fact that you can fry other ingredients alongside the sausage, which will absorb their flavors while cooking. Set your stove to medium heat and warm your pan or skillet for a few minutes, until it’s hot.
Are air fried sausages healthy?
All sausages can be consumed in moderation as part of a healthy diet. Air frying sausages is one of the best ways to prepare them because it requires no additional fat or grease.
Where do I put oil in my air fryer?
To add the oil, use an oil sprayer to coat all sides of the food with about 1 teaspoon of oil. If the food looks too dry at any point while cooking, shake the basket and spray a little more oil on it. For personal preference, I like to err on the side of a little more oil.