Burger King Zesty Sauce is one of Burger King’s most popular sauce recipes; if you haven’t tried it, it has the perfect combination of heat and acid to elevate onion rings to new heights.
How to make a simple homemade knockoff of Burger King’s Zesty Horseradish Sauce Recipe.
BK’s is creamy, quick, and easy to make, and you’ll love this homemade version for onion rings, french fries, and even veggies!
You’re in for a treat if you like Burger King’s Zesty Sauce as much as I do!
This recipe is very similar to the original, with all of the creamy goodness you love, as well as a burst of horseradish and the tang of ketchup and lemon juice.
You must try this with onion rings, french fries, and even sandwiches!
ZESTY SAUCE FOR ONION RINGS AND MORE
This zesty onion ring dipping sauce is great for onion rings, but it would also be delicious on a hamburger, a roast beef sandwich, or anything fried.
This sauce has just enough acid and heat to cut through anything deep-fried.
We discovered that this combination of ingredients tastes very similar to the original onion ring sauce available at Burger King. Feel free to experiment with the quantities, especially if you prefer a hotter sauce.
- Mayonnaise – Use your favorite mayonnaise brand. You can use either full-fat or low-fat yogurt.
- Ketchup – This gives the dip a little color and sweetness.
- Prepared horseradish – This can be found in the grocery store’s condiments section. Make sure to use prepared horseradish rather than creamy horseradish. This adds another dash of heat.
- Mustard – I prefer yellow mustard, but Dijon or spicy brown mustard could be substituted.
- White vinegar – Apple cider vinegar could be substituted.
- Sugar – A little sweetness to counteract the heat.
- Lemon Juice – Adds a bit of acidity to the dip.
- Cayenne pepper – Adds a spicy kick.
HOW TO MAKE BURGER KING ZESTY SAUCE?
This is a super simple copycat recipe that even the kids can help with. Simply combine all of the ingredients and place in the refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Stir until everything is well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes after covering with plastic wrap. This aids in the blending of the flavors.
Burger King Zesty Sauce Video Recipe
HOW TO MAKE BURGER KING ZESTY SAUCE?
- Collect your ingredients. The great thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t call for any unusual or difficult-to-find ingredients. Purchase mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish sauce, sugar, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper from your local supermarket. You may already have these items in your cabinet and refrigerator! 
Low fat mayonnaise and reduced sugar ketchup can be used to make a lighter or lower calorie version.
- Select a container. This recipe yields 4 to 8 servings of Zesty Sauce, so depending on the occasion, you may be able to finish it all in one sitting. If that’s the case, a small bowl will suffice. If you intend to store your Zesty Sauce, it’s best to make it in a container with a lid. It’s a good idea to clean out an empty condiment bottle and use it for your sauce.
- Combine all of your ingredients. Squeeze the mayonnaise, ketchup, and horseradish sauce into a measuring cup or spoon, then pour them into the bowl (or condiment bottle, if using). Combine the sugar, lemon juice, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
SERVE UP YOUR SAUCE
After an hour in the refrigerator, the sauce is ready to serve. Believe us when we say that this zesty sauce will not last long.
According to Hahn, this can be served with a variety of foods. “It’s great for people who like a thousand island dressing but want more zip!” she exclaims.
“I mostly use it as a veggie burger topping, but it’s also great in a falafel pita sandwich or a roasted cauliflower wrap!”
It’s also delicious served warm on enchiladas. If you make extra, it will keep in the refrigerator for five days.
WHY THIS COPYCAT BURGER KING ZESTY SAUCE RECIPE IN THE BEST?
I’ve read a few recipes online, and to be honest, I think most of them are very similar. They all have mayonnaise, paprika, horseradish, lemon, and some have mustard in them.
What’s missing is some umami. So I add a drop or two of soy sauce to address this. Soy sauce adds a rich flavor to the sauce.
WHAT’S IN BURGER KING ZESTY DIPPING SAUCE?
If you’ve tried this sauce before, you’ll notice notes of horseradish, lemon, and something else. It’s a delectable blend of flavors with sweet and spicy undertones.
It’s simple to make onion ring dipping sauce!
Do you happen to have a bowl?
Go raid your refrigerator and spice cabinet, and you’ll have a sauce that everyone will enjoy in about 5 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE BURGER KING ZESTY SAUCE?
Simply combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl, cover, and set aside for at least 30 minutes before serving. Then you’ll be known as the Sauce King!
HOW LONG DOES THIS SAUCE LAST IN MY REFRIGERATOR?
This homemade dipping sauce will keep in the refrigerator for about a week. As a result, you can prepare this sauce a day or two ahead of time.
I actually think the sauce tastes better a few hours after you make it because the flavors marry and meld.
- Do you want your dip to be extra spicy? Add more horseradish or cayenne pepper to taste. If you have sensitive taste buds, add a little extra mayonnaise to cool things down.
- Don’t forget to set it aside for at least 30 minutes. Actually, the longer it sits, the better it tastes. The flavors get a chance to mingle for the ultimate flavor explosion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you buy Burger Kings zesty sauce?
Burger King’s Zesty Sauce is a rich and creamy dipping sauce that goes well with fried foods, sandwiches, and burgers. Unfortunately, Burger King does not sell it by the jar. If you want to make the sauce at home, you can use ingredients from any local supermarket.
Does Burger King have zesty sauce?
Burger King’s sauces include Ranch, Honey Mustard, Sweet and Sour, Barbecue, and their most popular dipping sauce, this Zesty Onion Ring Sauce. It’s a flavorful blend of sweet, spicy, and acidic flavors that goes well with a variety of foods, especially those that are deep fried.
What brand of mayo does Burger King use?
On the Whopper, Burger King uses plain mayonnaise. It’s worth noting that the Whopper is made with Miracle Whip rather than mayo. The best burger in fast food is a freshly made, properly prepared Whopper.
What is Onion Ring Sauce made of?
Simple ingredients such as mayonnaise, creamy or prepared horseradish, a little ketchup, smoked paprika, oregano, and salt and pepper are used to make onion ring sauce or dip. The horseradish is the “secret ingredient” that gives the sauce its signature zesty flavor.
More Burger King Zesty Sauce recipes:
Burger King Creamy Spicy Sauce Recipe
Because of its sweet, tangy, and spicy flavors, this sauce stands out among other Burger King dipping sauces.
To begin, it has a creamy mayonnaise base with a splash of lemon and seasonings.
Horseradish and cayenne pepper are then added to make it mildly hot and spicy. Above all, this recipe incorporates the same ingredients as Burger King’s sauce.
Homemade Burger King Zesty Sauce
Zesty Sauce is great not only for dipping, but also as a spread on sandwiches, wraps, and burgers.
It hits all of the palate’s levels: there’s some sweetness, some heat, and some acidic tang. It has just the right amount of everything to satisfy everyone.