Air Fryer Chicken Fried Beef is a crispy and tender weekday supper cooked with cubed fried steak. For a truly Southern-style dinner, top it with the 3-ingredient gravy.
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
Your frozen country fried steak will come out juicy, tender, and wonderfully crisp on all sides when cooked in your air fryer!!
It doesn’t get any easier than this when it comes to making a country fried steak breakfast in your air fryer! Cooking these breaded patties is nearly straightforward because you don’t have to defrost out your favorite brand of frozen chicken fried steak.
WHAT IS A CUBE STEAK?
Cube steaks are simply a tenderized and flattened cut of steak, such as top sirloin or top round.
The tenderized indentations on a cube steak give it its name.
You can buy tenderized cubed steaks or buy a top sirloin, cut it into pieces, and tenderize it with a meat tenderizer or mallet. My OXO Good Grips meat tenderizer is one of my favorites because it’s affordable and does the job well.
WHAT CUT OF MEAT IS CUBE STEAK?
Cube steak refers to a type of beef cut. It’s usually top round or top sirloin that’s been pounded with a beef tenderizer to tenderize and flatten it.
You can use an electric tenderizer to do this too.
- Preheat the air fryer basket to 360 degrees and spray it with nonstick spray.
- Season each piece of cubed steak with salt and pepper after slicing it into strips.
- Combine the flour, dry mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and smoked paprika on a bowl or plate.
- Whisk together the milk and egg in a small bowl. Place the Panko bread crumbs on a third platter.
- Press a fork into the flour mixture, brushing off any excess. Then dip into the egg mixture and coat both sides in breadcrumbs. Remove a little of the extra and place in the air fryer basket.
- Fill the basket with enough pieces to fill it without overlapping them and leave some space between them so they crisp up correctly. Apply a light coat of olive oil to the surface.
Close the lid and bake for 11 minutes at 360 degrees. After 7 minutes, open the bag and flip the pieces over. Cook for another 4 minutes, then check to see if you want them crispier. If that’s the case, cook them for a few minutes longer until they’re done to your preference.
Alternative Video Recipe: How to cook Frozen Country Fried Steak
- Easy 5 Minutes Frozen Pretzel In Air Fryer [Simple Recipe!]
- Quick Frozen Sausage Patties in Air Fryer [8 Minutes Recipe!]
- Authentic Russian Chebureki Recipe (Deep-fried Turnovers)
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
Air fry your favorite brand of frozen country fried steaks with just one ingredient!
- Frozen Country Fried Steak – Tyson, Fast Fixin, Mistica Ranch, Omaha Steaks, or other brand.
- Country Gravy – (optional, see my easy homemade country gravy recipe)
It’s easy to make frozen country fried steaks in the air fryer! Set the temperature in your air fryer, provide room between the steaks, and grab your air fryer!
- Prepare your air fryer by preheating it. Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit (193 degrees Celsius).
- Prepare the country fried steak. Place the steak in a single layer in the air fryer and cook for 9-12 minutes at 380°F (193°C).
- Crispiness can be achieved by flipping the dish. About halfway through the cooking time, flip the chicken.
- Rest. Remove from the air fryer and set aside for 2 minutes to cool.
- Serve. Serve with a dollop of country gravy on top of the steak.
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO TENDERIZE CUBE STEAK?
Use either a metal or a wooden meat mallet. Cover your steak with plastic wrap or a plastic bag and pound it until the entire surface is covered in mallet marks.
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK FROZEN CHICKEN FRIED STEAK IN THE AIR FRYER?
This recipe is for handcrafted cookies, but if you want to make them from frozen, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and bake for 11 minutes. When the timer goes off, flip them halfway through and leave them in the basket for 2 minutes.
CAN YOU FRY A STEAK IN AN AIR FRYER?
Without a doubt! We’ve tried a few other air fryer steak recipes, but our favorite is undoubtedly this recipe for air fryer steak pieces with an excellent dry rub.
WHY IS CALLED CHICKEN FRIED STEAK?
It’s made in the same way as classic fried chicken, but with steak instead of chicken. Isn’t that what you’re saying?!!
This dish has been dubbed “country fried steak” by some. What’s the difference between the two? There isn’t much. One is coated with flour, while the other is made with bread crumbs.
I just dubbed it this because we used both.
WHAT SIDE GOES WITH FRIED STEAK?
If served as a meal, this or our air fryer fried chicken thighs would be paired with mashed potatoes.
HOW TO MAKE AN EASY GRAVY WITH AIR FRYER CUBE FRIED STEAKS?
These procedures can be followed while the air fryer country fried steak is cooking because this homemade gravy recipe is so quick and easy!
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Continue to simmer on medium heat, whisking constantly, until the flour, milk, salt, and pepper have all been incorporated and the sauce has thickened. You can keep adding milk until you have the consistency you want!
- Take the gravy from the heat and pour it over the chicken fried steak.
HOW TO REHEAT COUNTRY FRIED STEAK IN THE AIR FRYER
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the leftover chicken fried steak in the air fryer for 3 minutes, or until warm. Before cooking on both sides, I like to spray it with oil using my EVO Oil Mister.
- Take the cube steaks out of the air fryer and eat them!
TIPS FOR MAKING COUNTRY FRIED STEAK IN THE AIR FRYER
- For a quick evening dinner, purchase beef that has already been tenderized.
- Season the cube steaks with salt and pepper and set aside for 5 minutes before dredging them in the flour and egg mixture. This gives the seasoning time to settle into the cube steaks.
- Before putting the cubed steaks in the air fryer, tap them to remove any extra flour. Otherwise, while cooking, the excess flour will fly off the bird.
- To make cleanup easier, use parchment circles with holes in them. The holes allow air to circulate while remaining inexpensive to purchase.
- If you’re using racks, flip them halfway through to ensure equal cooking. Otherwise, the top rack will cook more quickly than the bottom.
- Make sure your air fryer isn’t too full of chicken fried steak. For optimal results, the steak should be laid flat in one layer, not touching.
Can you cook Tyson country fried steak in air fryer?
It’s very simple to make frozen chicken fried steak in the air fryer! Simply place frozen Tyson country fried steak in the air fryer and cook it to perfection right away! Crispy breading and luscious beef that is soft and delicious!
How long do you cook Tyson country fried steak in air fryer?
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cook country fried steak at 400°F for 10 minutes.
After five minutes, flip the steaks.
How do I cook Tyson frozen country fried steak?
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. On a baking sheet, place frozen country fried steak patties. 13 to 17 minutes in the oven Appliances differ.
How do you cook Omaha chicken fried steak in an air fryer?
Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. In a fry pan basket, place the required number of chicken fried steaks, leaving 12″ between each steak. Cook for 16-18 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 165° is reached, flipping halfway through.
Can you cook frozen filet mignon in air fryer?
Is it possible to cook frozen filet mignon in an air fryer?
Place frozen steak in air fryer and season with salt and pepper for a quick way of cooking frozen steak in air fryer. Cook for 7 minutes before flipping. Cook for another 13 minutes before serving.
More Recipes to try!
Southern Chicken Fried Steak W/ Creamy White Gravy
If you’ve never tasted chicken fried steak before, you’re probably thinking, “What the heck?” It’s a straightforward dish. In a nutshell, it’s a coated and fried tenderized steak (typically cube steak).
The outside looks like fried chicken because it’s coated in flour, milk, and eggs, the same ingredients as fried chicken. It’s deep-fried till it’s golden brown and crunchy. As a result, you get to savor both the crispy golden crust and the tender, delectable sirloin in one mouthful!
It’s easy to see why it’s called chicken fried steak now, isn’t it? As if that weren’t enough, chicken fried steak is frequently accompanied by a substantial helping of creamy white or brown gravy. Yes, please tell me all about it! This delectable dish is unconcerned with your weight-loss ambitions.
Pan Seared Steak + Steak Meal Prep Ideas
The garlic rosemary-infused butter in this Pan-Seared Steak gives it a steakhouse flavor. You’ll be surprised at how simple it is to prepare the perfect steak, which is seared and caramelized on the exterior and juicy on the inside.