Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs are my new favorite way to cook eggs without “boiling” them in water.
This simple recipe will quickly become your new favorite way to prepare eggs for breakfast, snacks, and salads.
If you haven’t made hard boiled eggs in the air fryer before, you must try this new method. Not only are air fryer eggs simple, but you’ll also appreciate how hands-off this recipe is.
The only question you’ll have is whether these should be called “boiled eggs” or “air fried eggs!” Regardless, this is a simple air fryer recipe that you will enjoy.
WHY MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- Kids can make their own eggs for breakfast because they are so simple to make.
- They are always easy to peel and fail-proof.
- These are a great way for the whole family to start the day.
- They’re low in calories, gluten-free, and high in protein.
- They are a breakfast with no WW Blue Plan SmartPoints.
WHAT IS AN AIR FRYER?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that uses convection to cook food by circulating hot air around it. It is a scaled-down version of a convection oven.
HOW DOES THE AIR FRYER WORK?
Cooking with Air Fryers has made it easier to eat healthier without drowning your food in oil.
Air fryers cook foods by circulating heat and hot air through a heating element and a fan, and this circulating of heat and hot air is what helps cook and crisp the food.
Air fryers can cook at temperatures as high as 400°F/200°C. Some air fryers can even cook at higher temperatures.
WHY DO MY AIR FRYER EGGS HAVE BROWN SPOTS?
After cooking, you may notice brown spots on the outer shell of the eggs.
If this occurs, it is most likely because the heating element was not thoroughly cleaned before preparing the eggs, and the brown spots are the result of the air fryer still being a little dirty.
However, don’t be bothered by the brown spots. You’re peeling the shell, so that part won’t be eaten.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER HARD BOILED EGGS?
It couldn’t be easier to make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer!
- Preheat the air fryer to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. However, you can omit this step and simply add a couple minutes to the cooking time. However, I always begin by preheating. Set the timer for 13 to 17 minutes, depending on how done you want it; and that’s all there is to it!
- After they’ve been cooked, the outer shell of the egg may have raised spots on it. However, this is simply due to the hot air circulating quickly and exerting pressure on the egg shells. If this occurs, it is completely normal, and the peeled eggs are unaffected.
- As soon as the hard boiled eggs are done, place them in an ice water bath made of cold water and ice cubes. This helps to quickly stop the cooking process and makes peeling the eggs easier. Alternatively, you can simply run them under cold running water for a minute.
- Then simply peel as usual and enjoy. I discovered that air fryer hard boiled eggs peel extremely easily and quickly every time!
STORAGE AND MEAL PREP
Cooked unpeeled air fryer boiled eggs can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. If peeled, keep in a water-filled container for 3-4 days.
Meal Prep – Air Fryer boiled eggs are an excellent meal prep ingredient.
Make them ahead of time and store in the fridge to eat on their own or to use in egg salad, sandwiches, and a variety of other recipes throughout the week!
TIPS FOR AIR FRYER HARD BOILED EGGS
- This method is suitable for an air fryer with a power range of 1400 to 1700 watts. Before attempting this method, please check the wattage of your air fryer.
- Please keep in mind that I am not responsible if your eggs do not hatch. Each air fryer is unique and may require more or less time to cook. Many people are upset in the comments section because they decided to try a whole carton of eggs and they didn’t work out. Please do not attempt to cook 12 eggs at once, especially if this is your first time. Begin with one or two eggs. If the eggs are not fully cooked, increase the cooking time.
- If you haven’t cleaned your air fryer in a while, the eggs may have brown spots. This does not harm them in any way, and it has happened to me several times. Don’t be concerned if you see them.
- To help lift the eggs out of the basket all at once, I use a wire rack. It isn’t required for the recipe. Most air fryers come with a trivet for resting food on.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need to place boiled eggs into a bowl of ice-cold water?
Placing the eggs in the ice bath lowers the temperature of the eggs, prevents them from cooking, and brings them closer to room temperature, making peeling the eggs easier.
Do I have to use an ice bath with air fryer hard boiled eggs?
No! You can omit the ice bath step entirely. The trick, however, is getting the eggs to room temperature, so if you have the time, just let the eggs sit and get to room temperature before peeling them for your recipes.
How do I store the remaining eggs?
Refrigerate any leftover hard-boiled eggs in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
What can I use the hard boiled eggs for?
After you’ve finished making the eggs, store them in the refrigerator for later use. Make potato salad, egg salad, avocado egg salad, or add them to your favorite salad for lunch, among other things.