Creamy Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs Recipe (Super Easy)
Don’t be misled by the title. While I call these air fryers soft boiled eggs, they aren’t actually boiled.
They’re made in the air fryer and couldn’t be easier or more perfect!
If you like a soft runny yolk surrounded by a perfectly cooked white frame, cooking soft boiled eggs in an air fryer is a simple method you must try!
Checkout these other recipes
- Easy Peel Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe
- 8 Most Irresistible Air Fryer Desserts
- Perfect Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Click Here
WHAT IS A SOFT BOILED EGG?
When you boil an egg (or, in this case, air-fry the eggs), you use water. This is what I call a great Air Fryer Hack.
In hard-boiled eggs, the yolk is fully cooked until it is solid, whereas in soft-boiled eggs, the outside is perfectly cooked but the yolk is only partially cooked.
This will make an excellent breakfast; they are sometimes referred to as dunkie eggs because you can dip your eggs into the yolk with toast, which is commonly known as Soldiers & Eggs.
It’s a great and simple breakfast recipe.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE IN HARD BOILED EGGS AND SOFT BOILED EGGS?
The whites and yolks of hard boiled eggs are completely cooked through. When you bite or slice into the yolk, it will crumble because it is light in color and completely cooked.
The whites of medium-boiled eggs are completely cooked, but the yolk is more of a golden yellow color and not completely hard.
It’s usually a little thick and creamy in the center. Soft boiled eggs are my personal favorite. The whites are slightly soft but fully cooked.
The yolk is runny, like the yolk of a fried egg, and it runs when you poke it.
You can eat it directly out of the shell with an egg cup and a hard boiled egg cutter, or dip toast into the yolk. So tasty!
Alternatively, a soft boiled egg with a runny yolk in a bowl of ramen is delicious! While the ramen is cooking, prepare the soft boiled eggs in the air fryer.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A SOFT-BOILED EGG?
The trick to making soft boiled eggs is to cook the outside while leaving the inside partially raw. You’ll have to experiment with the air fryer because each one is slightly different.
I recommend that you try 250 degrees F, air fryer setting for 8 minutes with 1 egg, as per the recipe card below.
Then, depending on how you like your eggs, keep a log on your phone or a piece of paper so that you can get great soft-boiled eggs in your air fryer every time.
IS A SOFT-BOILED EGG CONSIDERED RAW?
Yes, by definition, these eggs are partially raw, which means you have a low risk of becoming ill from them.
They are, however, common, and the risk is considered very low. However, if you have a medical condition, you should avoid eating Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs.
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK BOILED EGGS IN THE AIR FRYER?
Here are the ideal times and temperatures for each type of boiled egg that I’ve discovered:
- Hard-boiled eggs – bake at 275°F for 15 minutes.
- Medium Boiled Eggs – bake at 275°F for 12 minutes.
- Soft Boiled Eggs – bake at 275°F for 10 minutes.
HOW DO YOU REHEAT BOILED EGGS?
Reheat your boiled eggs in their shells in the air fryer for 1 minute at 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
I also reheat boiled eggs after peeling them by slicing them in half and microwaving them for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
This frequently assists me in keeping the yolks of soft boiled eggs runny.
However, this is a balancing act that requires some experimentation because heating them up usually cooks them a little more than they were cooked originally.
- Room temperature eggs work best, so leave them on the counter for 20 to 30 minutes before making a batch.
- Before cooking a whole batch, I would test one egg at 250 degrees F, air fryer setting for 8 minutes. Then, because each air fryer is slightly different, make a note of the time you preferred them to be done.
- This recipe is compatible with all Air Fryer Oven models, Air Fryer Basket models, Ninja Foodi models, and the new Instant Pot Crips lids.
- Fresh chicken eggs do not perform as well as store-bought eggs.
- This recipe will work with other types of eggs, such as emu, ostrich, and so on.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I cook soft boiled eggs in an air fryer?
Cook for 9-11 minutes for soft boiled eggs. Cook 12-13 minutes for jammy eggs. Cook for 13-15 minutes for hard boiled eggs. Subtract about 1-2 minutes if you set your air fryer to 300° F.
How long does it take to boil eggs in an air fryer?
Pre-heat a 3.5-quart air fryer to 270°F. Cook the eggs for 15 minutes in the fryer basket for hard-boiled eggs. Remove the eggs from the water and place them in an ice bath. When the skin is cool enough to handle, peel it.
How do I cook half boiled eggs in an air fryer?
All it takes is two eggs straight from the fridge and 11 minutes in an air fryer at 100°C. As easy as that. And, contrary to my fears, the eggs did not explode in the air fryer. You won’t have to keep an eye on the time; the air fryer’s built-in timer will ensure perfectly half-cooked eggs every time.
Is it safe to boil egg in air fryer?
The boiled eggs are perfectly cooked and easy to peel when air fried! When you try air fryer hard boiled eggs, you’ll realize it’s the simplest way to “boil” eggs. It also doesn’t require any water to cook.
Creamy Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs Recipe
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
The best soft boiled eggs aren’t boiled at all; instead, they’re air-fried!
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 slices bread toasted
- Place the room temperature eggs in the air fryer basket gently.
- Set the oven temperature to 250°F and the timer for 8 minutes.
- Begin the air fryer.
- When the eggs are done, immediately place them in a bowl of cold water for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the soft-cooked eggs in egg cups after drying them with a paper towel.
- Gently lop off the eggshell “lid” (using your preferred method) and season the egg to taste with salt and pepper.
- If desired, dip the toast into the egg and serve.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 servings
- Calories: 276kcal
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 960mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 17g
- Cholesterol: 372mg
Keywords: Air fryer soft boiled eggs, soft boiled eggs recipe, air fryer recipe, easy soft boiled eggs, eggs, egg recipes,