Garlic Air Fryer Pork Loin Recipe (Just 20 Minutes)
The inside of this Air Fryer Pork Loin is tender and juicy, and the outside is nicely browned.
This recipe is only about 20 minutes long in total. If you want to eat healthier in the new year, this is the recipe for you!
This air fryer pork loin recipe is one of our favorite air fryer recipes.
There’s no need to marinate it, and it’s quick and simple to prepare. We will show you. Follow along.
PORK TENDERLOIN AND PORK LOIN
In Australia, pork loin is also known as rolled loin or with bone loin rack. It is also known as center cut pork loin roast, center-cut pork roast, pork center loin roast, pork center cut rib roast, pork loin center cut, pork loin center rib roast, pork loin roast center cut, and pork loin rib half in other parts of the world.
- Where does it come from: The pork loin is derived from the animal’s back. Butterfly pork steak, cutlet, loin steak, and loin chops are also available in that region.
- What it looks like: It looks like the image above. A thicker cut of pork that still has the skin attached. It can also be bone-in (ribs bones), similar to a standing rib roast.
- Pork tenderloin is also referred to as pork fillet, pork tender, or gentleman’s cut.
- It comes from the inside of the ribcage, lower on the back than the pork loin, and is a cut from the loin.
- It resembles a long, thin, boneless cut of pork that is extremely lean.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER PORK LOIN?
- Trim away any excess fat before you begin. Using a paper towel, pat dry.
- Season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Pierce the pork with a fork, then brush with olive oil and rub in the seasoning mixture. Make certain to coat the entire tenderloin.
- Cook: Place the pork loin in the air fryer basket and cook for 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees F. You are not required to flip.
- Remove from the air fryer and cover lightly with foil to rest. Allow the pork to rest for 5 minutes before slicing to allow the juices to settle.
CUTTING THE PORK LOIN
Remove any string or ties that were wrapped around the pork loin during cooking. Place the loin, crackling side down, on a chopping board.
Start cutting a slice of pork to the desired thickness with a sharp knife and a heavy knife.
When you get to the bottom crackling, use your other hand to press down on the back of the knife (while still holding the knife handle firmly) and cut through the pork crackling. You’ll have evenly cut crackling on each slice of pork.
IS FOOD COOKED IN THE AIR FRYER HEALTHIER?
They, like all great human inventions, are only effective when used as intended. (and, of course, the user’s common sense) Air-fried dishes will not be any healthier if they are slathered in butter or oil.
The beauty of the air fryer is that no extra oil is required to make the food crispy and delicious.
HOW SHOULD I SERVE THIS AIR FRY PORK TENDERLOIN?
Amy and I couldn’t stop eating the succulent sliced pork straight from the cutting board. Having said that, there are numerous ways to enjoy this pork.
It goes well with creamy mashed potatoes and crispy Brussels sprouts.
The pork would also be delicious on a sandwich with homemade creamy honey mustard sauce or as part of a fall harvest salad. If you enjoy it in any way, I recommend making a double batch so you have some for leftovers.
COOKING TIMES & TEMPERATURES
All pork loins are not created equal. Some are quite chunky with a lot of meat, while others are more slender. The thickness of your pork loin will determine how long it takes to cook through. This is why having a meat thermometer handy is essential.
If the loin is thick, crackling will form before it is fully cooked. If this is the case, cover the crackling loosely with foil and continue cooking the pork loin at 180°C/350°F until the internal temperature is reached.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS?
Allow the pork to cool completely before slicing it and storing it in an airtight container, or leave it whole and either wrap in plastic wrap or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
The leftovers are fantastic the next day for pork loin sandwiches. You can serve the meat cold or reheat it in an air fryer or a pan for only 2-3 minutes. It’s also delicious on salads and in fried rice.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- The cooking time will be determined by the thickness of the pork loin and the degree of doneness desired. Pork is safe to eat at 145 degrees Fahrenheit with a slightly pink center. My mother prefers it well done, at 160 degrees F, with no hint of pink. However, if the temperature rises above 160°F, the meat will become dry.
- To fit the meat into the air fryer basket, I recommend bending it rather than cutting it.
- To flavor the meat, you can use a variety of herbs and spices. I frequently substitute Italian seasoning for parsley and thyme, and I’ve even used lemon pepper.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I trim the fat cap off the pork loin?
If you want, you can trim the fat cap, but it isn’t necessary. I don’t usually bother, but it does reduce the calorie count of the pork.
Should I brine the pork?
Brining the pork increases the amount of water inside it, resulting in juicier meat. The air fryer cooks the pork quickly and at a high enough temperature that brining isn’t required, but it doesn’t hurt.
What temperature do you cook pork tenderloin in an air fryer?
Place tenderloin in air fryer basket or on air fryer tray and cook at 400° F for 20-22 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, turn the pan. The internal temperature should be 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow the pork tenderloin to rest for 8-10 minutes after cooking before serving.
What should I cook pork tenderloin?
Fresh cut muscle meats such as pork chops, pork roasts, pork loin, and tenderloin should be cooked to 145° F to ensure maximum flavor. Cooking temperature for ground pork should always be 160° F.
Garlic Air Fryer Pork Loin Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Pork loin cooked in the air fryer is delicious, tender, and juicy. Cooked to perfection in the air fryer after being coated with a quick spice rub. This is a meal you’ll want to have on your menu again and again because it’s both simple and tasty.
- 1 1/2 lb pork loin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon course salt
- Trim the pork loin of any surplus fat. Using a paper towel, pat dry.
- Combine Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- With a fork, pierce the loin all over. Rub the pork with olive oil and then the seasoning mixture.
- In the air fryer basket, place the pork. Cook for 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Ensure that the interior temperature is at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the pork loin with care and cover loosely with foil. Allow for a 5-minute rest before slicing.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: America
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 270 kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 671mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 35g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
Keywords: air fryer pork loin, pork loin air fryer recipe. pork loin recipe, air fryer recipe, best air fryer pork loin recipe