Did you know you could make Frozen Bagel Bites in your air fryer? They cook much faster and taste much better than any other method.
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
Do you need a quick snack or appetizer that everyone will enjoy?
The answer is these Air Fryer Bagel Bites. They are not only a crowd pleaser, but they will even impress you when cooked in the air fryer!
However, regardless of the flavor, simply follow these simple steps and you will have the best snack around.
WHY MAKES THESE BAGEL BITES SO GOOD
- Family favorite – Even the pickiest eaters will enjoy these. Ideal for a snack when friends come over, while watching sports, or as a simple meal.
- There is no need for any preparation. From start to finish, these bites take less than 10 minutes.
- Simple – Only one “ingredient” is required. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
- Bagels: For my pizza bites, I prefer mini bagels, but large bagels will also work. You will obviously be able to fit less in at one time, but either option will suffice. I recommend sticking to plain, whole wheat, or asiago cheese bagels as your base and avoiding flavored ones.
- I use a simple combination of mozzarella and Colby jack cheese for the shredded cheese. This is simply my favorite combination, and I always have both on hand. For your bagel bites, you can use any type of shredded cheese you want. Cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, asiago cheese, or another good melting cheese are all excellent choices.
HOW TO MAKE BAGEL BITES IN AIR FRYER?
- Decide how many bites you want to eat and take them out of the package.
- Place the bites in the air fryer in a single layer and cook for 5-6 minutes at 360F/182C.
- During the fourth or fifth minute of 23é operates slightly differently. Examine your bites to see if they are finished. If not, continue to cook.
- Remove the bites from the air fryer and serve. They are extremely hot!
These numbered steps correspond to the numbered photos above and are provided for illustration purposes only.
WHAT ARE GOOD TOPPINGS FOR BAGEL BITE MINI PIZZAS?
- Mozzarella, feta, spinach, and mushrooms are among the ingredients.
- BBQ sauce, ham, pineapple, mozzarella cheese, and bacon are all included.
- Alfredo sauce, chicken breast, and mozzarella cheese
- Protein options include mini pepperonis, sausage crumbles, chopped ham, and cubed chicken.
- It’s all cheese!
HOW LONG TO COOK BAGEL BITES IN AIR FRYER?
Other Snacks and Appetizer Recipes to Try
- 25 Awesome and Healthy Celery Appetizers Ideas (Simple and Easy!)
- 7 Avocado Appetizer Recipes You Should Try (Drool-Worthy)
- Crunchy Cheese Popcorn Recipe (Best Snack!)
You won’t find air fryer time and temperature in the bagel bites cooking instructions. Because different air fryer models cook differently, it’s always a good idea to keep an eye on them the first time you cook them. I cooked them at 380 degrees and checked them after 5 minutes to see if they needed more time.
CAN I PUT FOIL IN AN AIR FRYER?
The short answer is that you can put foil in an air fryer. However, placing aluminum foil in the bottom of your air fryer basket can obstruct air circulation, causing your food to cook unevenly.
My personal recommendation: do not use foil in your air fryer basket. You don’t want to restrict the air circulation required to “fry” your food to perfection. Instead, use these air fryer liners.
IS AIR FRIED FOOD HEALTHIER?
Most of the time, air fryer food is healthier than deep fried food. In fact, air frying saves 70-80 percent of the calories and reduces the long-term effects of frying oil.
In addition to containing fewer calories and fat, the air fryer saves you a significant amount of cooking time!
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT?
If you make too many and have leftovers, store them in an airtight container or wrap them in foil. Refrigerate them until you’re ready to reheat them.
Reheat: Place back in the air fryer basket and reheat for 3-4 minutes at 350 degrees.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BAGEL BITES?
These mini pizzas are delicious on their own, but they may also be coupled with dipping sauces or sides to complete a meal.
Here are a handful of our personal favorites:
- Dipping sauce: marinara, ranch, horseradish sauce
- Sides: salad, cut up vegetables, slaw, roasted vegetables, steamed broccoli
CAN I USE METAL UTENSILS IN THE AIR FRYER?
If you’re looking for the best way to cook all of your favorite foods, an air fryer might be just what you’re looking for. And, with so many different models and styles on the market today, including some that can do more than just cook food, it pays off not only in flavor but also in time savings!
When handling these devices, I recommend using rubber-tipped utensils because stainless steel can easily scratch or otherwise damage their surfaces over time.
OTHER COOKING METHODS FOR BAGEL BITES
If you don’t have an air fryer, you may use an oven or microwave to prepare these. I’ll confess that I prefer the air fryer method.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cook them for 12 minutes on a baking pan.
- Microwave – Place them in the cooking tray that came with the package. 2 minutes and 30 seconds in the microwave.
TIPS FOR MAKING FROZEN BAGEL BITES
- The bagel bites should be cooked straight from the freezer, not thawed.
- Make sure the pizza bagels are in a single layer in the air fryer and not overlapping.
- If you are making more than one batch, you may need to reduce the cooking time for subsequent batches by 1-2 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the pizza bagels to avoid burning the cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you cook bagel bites in an air fryer?
Yes! In fact, I believe it is the best way to prepare them! And now my pizza bagel-obsessed daughter refuses to eat them any other way!
How long do you cook bagel bites in an air fryer?
In a 350° F preheated air fryer, it takes about 5-7 minutes to make a box of 9 bagel bites. They may require an additional minute or two if the air fryer is not preheated.
Can you make homemade mini pizza bagels in an oven?
Yes, you can make homemade bagel bites in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer. Preheat the oven to 400°F and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the bagel has become slightly crispy.
What do you dip bagel bites in?
Pizza Bagel Bites are delicious on their own, but they can be enhanced by dipping them in ranch dressing, marinara sauce, cheese sauce, or basil pesto sauce.
Alternative recipes to try: